Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Search Advisor Keeps Turning Off

Running Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2016 on Win10 64 bit system.

I have an admin account (that I don't use much) and a limited account that I use most of the time.

When I installed Bitdefender, I tried it out with Search Advisor turned off and on, and decided I wanted it on. But it will not stay on for the limited account. I turned it on using the admin account in case that made a difference, but it doesn't.

In the limited account, Search Advisor just turns itself off when rebooting, but not every time I reboot. I can always turn it back on and then it works until it turns itself off.

???

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited June 2016

Hello Vknowles,

Please disable your Bitdefender profiles and tell me if the issue still persists.

Bitdefender > Modules > Tools > Profiles

• Sorry to take so long, but I wanted to try it out for a few days.

Yes, it looks like disabling the profiles fixed the problem.

So does that mean I should not use profiles?

• Hello Vknowles,

It would seem you have a application that triggers one of the 3 profiles. I would assume Work.

You can disable the product settings optimization by going to the Profiles menu and disabling "Optimize product settings for <profile name> profile" this will stop Bitdefender from altering its settings when that specific profile triggers.

• vknowles
    vknowles
    edited July 2016

Hello Sorin,

I waited to make sure it was working consistently.

Your solution has fixed it.

I guess that's the way it is supposed to work. I don't know the best way to let people know that certain features are being turned off when you use the default profiles. Maybe it would be a good thing to pop up a dialog the first time the user activates profiles, then let the user click "Don't show this again."

Thanks much!

• Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, I have forwarded it to the proper department.

This discussion has been closed.