Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Security v.10 hangs up Outlook Express

Options

I purchased Internet Security v.10 last week based on its good reviews. After installing it I found that when I opened Outlook Express, the Bitdefender Anti-Spam Wizard also opened, but the system hung up and I could not read messages. Windows Task Manager indicated that Outlook Express was not responding.

I thought I had solved the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but the solution is only temporary ---- the Anti-Spam Wizard screen eventually pops up and freezes everything. I even disabled the Anti-Spam module, but this did not help.

I have called and emailed support, but all they do is ask for sysdump information and a screen shot of the "error message", which I can not take because the system is frozen.

I have spent many hours trying to resolve the problem without any real help from Bitdefender. It may well be a great program, but I'm giving up!

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hi BFair

Let outlook express start offline you can do this selecting file,off-line. Or you can boot your pc into safe mode by pressing several times on the F8 button before the windows loading screen. After that choose for safe mode.

I suggest that you try this remove the mail that is located in the trash folder. Remove also old mail. After you have done that do this : File -> Data File Management -> select the current mail archive -> Settings -> Compact Now. Try to register the antispamtoolbar again: go to start,run,at the run dialog box type

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdo.dll" press enter.

Regards

Niels

• BFair
    Options
    Hi BFair

Let outlook express start offline you can do this selecting file,off-line. Or you can boot your pc into safe mode by pressing several times on the F8 button before the windows loading screen. After that choose for safe mode.

I suggest that you try this remove the mail that is located in the trash folder. Remove also old mail. After you have done that do this : File -> Data File Management -> select the current mail archive -> Settings -> Compact Now. Try to register the antispamtoolbar again: go to start,run,at the run dialog box type

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdo.dll" press enter.

Regards

Niels

Hi Niels ---- thank your for your help. I have still not been able to solve the problem of the Antispam Wizard causing Outlook Express to hang up, but I have switched my email to Outlook 2003 and the problem has not reappeared.

• Niels
    Options

Hi BFair

Glad that I could help you. So you already tried what I said? I suppose but I want to know it.

Strange that you have problems with. There are only a few people who have problems with the antispamtoolbar. One pc has also outlook express installed and the antispamtoolbar works without any problems.

Regards

Niels