Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Lots Of Trouble Total Security 2008

Options

Deleting internet files Doesnot work I have Bitdefender total Security 2008 and if I delete the internet files is says done (cookies etc lets say 21 files) if I do it again it finds even more files ??? lets say 48 how is that possible.

Am not connected to the internet so there cant be new cookies etc I can do it ten times and every time new or more items show up?

Also the duplicate files finding in TUNE UP doesnot work either If I try to select a file or folder aand click OK nothing happens ,

The same with Shred files Cant select a file to shred ???

I was always happy with Bitdefender but wished I bought Internet security 2008 instead if that works better seems the tune up doesnot work at all.

Also the integration of Spam in Windows Mail doesnot seems to work every time sometimes the balk doesnot show up or seconds later also a strange colour dark blue and at other times light blue when its dark cant even read what it says

have tried to reinstall/Repair etc keep getting the same problems

Comments

• kungfu
    edited August 2008
    Options

Have used bitdefender for years ,and was satisfied with it but the Total Security Tune Up doesnot sems to work aswell the Spamm integration of Windows Live Mail doesnot work as the older version did,

@ Cris Do you have any solutions or any bitdefender associate ?

Dont want to edit the registry or something like that, With a new product you shouldnot have to Did pay a lot of money for it :wub::wub::huh: ,

So am very disappointed I keep my hopes for the 2009 version Update hope that will solve all or at least some of the problems !

And that it is possible to update as I bought mine only a couple weeks Ago !

• Deleting internet files Doesnot work I have Bitdefender total Security 2008 and if I delete the internet files is says done (cookies etc lets say 21 files) if I do it again it finds even more files ??? lets say 48 how is that possible.

Am not connected to the internet so there cant be new cookies etc I can do it ten times and every time new or more items show up?

Also the duplicate files finding in TUNE UP doesnot work either If I try to select a file or folder aand click OK nothing happens ,

The same with Shred files Cant select a file to shred ???

I was always happy with Bitdefender but wished I bought Internet security 2008 instead if that works better seems the tune up doesnot work at all.

Also the integration of Spam in Windows Mail doesnot seems to work every time sometimes the balk doesnot show up or seconds later also a strange colour dark blue and at other times light blue when its dark cant even read what it says

have tried to reinstall/Repair etc keep getting the same problems

Still none of the issues above Work ,am going to try the 2009 Version then

• use utility softwares like ccleaner it cleans all ur internet debris and its free heres the link

http://www.ccleaner.com

u can also download TuneUp Utilities 2008

• ccleaner is good,thank you for your sharing.

• use utility softwares like ccleaner it cleans all ur internet debris and its free heres the link

http://www.ccleaner.com

u can also download TuneUp Utilities 2008

Ty Atleast a Reply lol have upfated to 2009 and have to say the tune up seems to work bettter the 2008 didnot worked at all.

Although there are several other problems related to the Spambar and the Antiphising bar diappearing suddenly and the Spammer/Friend list are still "BUGGED"

Also get sometimes strange things when manually Updating !

• kungfu
    edited September 2008
    Options

Have been using the 2009 version now and although the Tune Up works better then the 2008 (which didnot worked at all :P ) version

Still have many problems with BD Total Security 2009

1. Anti Spam (Bar doesnot show up every time or very slow so no email protection ?)

2. Add Spammers/Friends in the Anti Spam isnot right

3. Anti Phising Bar disappears out of it self ?

4. When doing a Manually Deep System scan when stopping it keeps on Running when I check and No way to stop it ?

5. Helpdesk/Forum Dont get any good/helpfully replies other then uninstall and reinstall again

6. Although bought recently Cant use the full version 0f 2009

7. No Tray Icon/ Scan Activity bar (but no one have this)

8. Strange Color bars in Outlook different times grey/Dark Blue (so you cant even read the bar ?

Have installed BD on a new and clean pc ! No Leftovers possible ?

• Niels
    Options

Hello kungfu,

The problems you had were only related to build 11.0.17 of the the BitDefender 2008 product line. Some other language versions doesn't have that issue in build 11.0.16.

3) Go to tools,internet options,on the advanced tab press on reset,in reset internet explorer settings dialog box press on reset to confirm. After you have done that go to tools,manage add-ons,enable or disable add-ons now enable and enable BitDefender Toolbar.

4)

To solve that please open task manager by pressing these 3 keys all together: ctrl+alt+del(ete) in vista you should choose task manager click on the processname tab so everything will be sorted alphabetically search for uiscan.exe entry or entries. Left click on them and click on end task

5)Here I have to disagree with you. Did you even see what answers I post and what the other moderators posts? These posts aren't always saying just uninstall and install it again.

What windows version are you using?

For vista do this:

Please try this. Perform a startup repair.

Download also Belarc Advisor. Run it afterwards.

Please save the result page and add it as an attachment.

Finally download iobit advanced windowscare . Please check the following 2 options registry fix and system optimization press on scan.

Put your vista cd-rom in. Now press the windows button together with r now type this cmd press enter. After that type sfc /scannow press enter.

Try also installing on a different user account.

Did you used the BitDefender removal tool? That you can find here.

For windows xp :

Do the same thing except startup repair.

6)If you current license didn't expired yet you did not have to buy a new license key for the remaining period. So you could install BitDefender Total Security 2009 for free.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hello Niels,

Ty for your reply ,appriciated and excuse me for my long list.. but the frustation do and still is very high when the BD TS 2008/2009 isnot working correct for me.

I was very happy with my new pc but Bitdefender not working like I hoped did spoil a lot for me am not a rich man and as said wasnot used to have so many problems using BD .

Do use my computer daily and every time I see the problems it does get frustating.

Do have some notes though !

3. have done that many times but the next time have to activate it again.

4. You mentioned " search for uiscan.exe entry or entries " there isnot an entry uiscan.exe So cant stop it ! Only a reboot works ?

5. I understand it is difficult to answer so many complaints or people having problems ! (but it gives satisfaction when it gets solved)

As your suggestion of the registry Ty but as said have bought a brand new Pc with Vista ,and am not going to try the options you mentioned as the only problem I have is BD.

there was a trial version of 180 Days of Norton total security on it but like you I have been using Bitdefender for many Years and had never any problems so I uninstalled with the removal tool from Norton my free 180 days version without using it for 1 day and installed Bitdefender 2008 Total security a month ago the day I bought my NEW pc. (first used the Norton removal too but I have never installed it anyway so there wasnot anything on my pc)

You dont use BD TS 2009 yourself ? Mine version is 12.01,10.1

Do think it has to do with VIsta Compability problems though as I have on my other pc BD Internet security on XP and it work great ! wished it works the same on my new pc

I also used the unistaller tool from Bitdefender ofcourse many times when reinstalling and when I updated to the 2009 version which as mentioned solved the problems I had with the 2008 version of Total Security

Have been in contact with the helpservice from Bitdefender and sended them several files first the usual and second a more complicated file so I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for a solution soon from the helpdesk !

Hope in the NEAR future I will be again as I have been a happy User of Bitdefender as I have been many years before !

• kungfu
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hello Niels,

I also used the unistaller tool from Bitdefender ofcourse many times when reinstalling and when I updated to the 2009 version which as mentioned solved the problems I had with the 2008 version of Total Security

!

Meant that the Total Security Tune Up problems are fixed the rest still have problems with !

• kungfu
    edited September 2008
    Options

When doing a Manually Deep System scan when stopping it keeps on Running when I check and No way to stop it ?

there isnot an Update possible too !

sucks.jpg

• Niels
    Options

Hello kungfu,

To clarify something the moderators here are just volunteers (normal BitDefender users) so we don't work for BitDefender. Second this is only a user forum. No support people are active here only virus researchers. So you complaints you have to say trough live chat or by using your online BitDefender account.

The reason why I don't use BitDefender TS 2009 is because it isn't available in my language yet. When it's available I will upgrade immediately.

People who had the same issue by unable to update because the scan process didn't stopped see this topic. I suggested that and it seems to work that is why I said you to try that. What you always can do is stopping the BitDefender communicator service to do that press the windows button together with r now type services.msc press enter. Left click on the BitDefender Communicator service and choose stop. Search also for an entry called Arrakis server server When that is done leftclick on it and choose start. If you are missing BitDefender Communicator than your installation didn't succeed. For other possible solutions for tray icon not visible see this topic.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hello Niels,

Your English is better then mine so that shouldnot be a problem :blink:

People who had the same issue by unable to update because the scan process didn't stopped see http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=7638 opened my eyes Ty,

I tried cloning the Deep system scan and the Full system scan and that worked I was able to manually stop the scanning process ,so if I can replace the original by the cloned ones it should work but how do I do that ?,

Do you have any ideas?

Cant delete the original scanning processes like it is possible at the cloned ones ?

the date of the last system scan does keep the old date when scanning with the cloned one so that is no good

BitDefender Communicator Isnot in the list when I click on the windows button and r

These are which I see

Arakis start up type manualy

desktop Update service Automatic

Threat Scanner manually

Virus shield Automatic