Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I/O errors(got some questions)

Options

Still a noob,why do I/O errors always appear after full system scans?

What are I/O errors,what are their cause(how can i find their cause)?

How do I/O errors affect my BD?

How can I/O errors be fixed?

Comments

• What kind of I/O errors do you mean? File I/O errors?

Andrei

• LOL how many I/O errors are there for BD?

I ment the I/O errors in the Scan Report

• Niels
    Options

Hi tembel

Here you will find more information : http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB4-en--The-I-O-errors.html

Try to close as many programs before you execute a scan.

Check also your hard disc on errors by doing this :

go to start,run,at the run dialog box type cmd press enter,chkdsk volume:/r press enter (you have to change volume by the name of the hard disc where windows is installed on you will find that information under my computer so e.g chkdsk c:/r ). You can get this message: Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N) type Y and press enter. Reboot your pc.

Regards

Niels

• LOL how many I/O errors are there for BD?

I ment the I/O errors in the Scan Report

Hi, tembel.

Just imagine that a computer is a machine based on I/O. Everything that you "tell" him, is Input. Everything that he "tells" you, is Output.

Please be more specific when you you post a question.

I think the I/O errors you found in the scan log are caused by the fact that BD can't open some system files like pagefile.sys, hiberfil.sys etc. They can't affect BD and you can't make them dissapear.

Andrei

• wrath.of.achilles
    edited June 2007
    Options

LOL am i just a dumb @$$?!I'll be damned if i noticed this before-Andrei your a BD evanghlist.LOL since when?Anyways good for you,congratz!

:)

• Niels
    Options

Hi trembel

Did you tried what I said in my previous post? Take also a look at the link I posted.

Regards

Niels