Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Remove Antispam Toolbar In Outlook

Options
blanc6
edited August 2008 in Spam and phishing talk

I would like to remove the antispam toolbar in Outlook.

I'm using Bitdefenedezr internet security 2009.

In fact, think that the latest version of microsoft already come with a "similar" antispam filter.

I deactivate the antispam option in the security center, but i still have the toolbar in outlook.

There is no com module in the outlook option ?

Do you know how ?

Thanks,

Comments

• mksslagle
    edited August 2008
    Options

I am looking at the same issue in Outlook 2007. You can hide the toolbar from view/toolbar menu in Outlook and un-checking it. I have not been successful in fully removing the add-in however and hope someone can help.

I would like to remove the antispam toolbar in Outlook.

I'm using Bitdefenedezr internet security 2009.

In fact, think that the latest version of microsoft already come with a "similar" antispam filter.

I deactivate the antispam option in the security center, but i still have the toolbar in outlook.

There is no com module in the outlook option ?

Do you know how ?

Thanks,

• Niels
    Options

Hello White and mksslagle,

Do this press the windows button together with r now type this:

regsvr32 -u "X:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\bdo.dll" press enter. You need to change x by your drive letter were you have installed BitDefender.

Kind regards,

Niels

• cteix
    Options
    I am looking at the same issue in Outlook 2007. You can hide the toolbar from view/toolbar menu in Outlook and un-checking it. I have not been successful in fully removing the add-in however and hope someone can help.
  • cteix
    Options

In Outlook, go to Tools, Customize, Toolbars. Highlight the Bitdefender Antispam Toolbar, then Delete. This removed the toolbar (permanently) for me. Do not bother unchecking the box next to the Bitdefender Toolbar, it doesn't do any good and will come back the next time you start up Outlook.

• Any tip on how to get the toolbar back and working?

• Niels
    Options

Hello SecurityAdvisor,

What e-mail client are you using?

This is for outlook:

1) register the toolbar again:

Do this press the windows button together with r now type this:

regsvr32 "X:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\bdo.dll" press enter. You need to change x by your drive letter were you have installed BitDefender.

2) Follow the rest of the instruction that you find here.

Kind regards,

Niels