Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Where do I find the logs/Scan Report

Options

Hello everybody,

New here.Trying out the forum. Looks all very helpfull.

I checked out "Virus Submission" thread. But I kinda stuck at something stupid.

Where do I find the Scan report logs? Deep scan detected virus & infected objects, but cannot remove it.

I want to attach files in question in zip file (never did this yet). I downloaded IZArc.

I get stuck here: c:program files/softwin/bitdefender10/ .... It's not in quarantine = empty

Help is much appreciated. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hi Dan137

The logfiles are stored in another folder : go to start,my computer,double click on the icon of your hard disc,Documents and settings,your username,then you have to go to tools,folder options,display (view) check the option view hidden folders and files and confirm by pressing on apply and ok. Normally then you will find the folder called application data,BitDefedender,desktop,profiles,logs. There you will find two subfolder that contain the scan reports.

Regards

Niels

• khufu
    Options

Another way to find logs: open BD console, go to Antivirus Menu, select Scan , right click on Deep scan and now select View scan logs.

From the list select the log that you want (they are sorted by date) and now just double click on it and it will open.

[X] Report file: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bitdefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\full_scan\

The location in my setup, if is more easy for you to find it in this way.

khufu

• Niels
    Options

Hi khufu

The folder application data is normal a hidden folder. So you will not find it until you check the option to show hidden files and folders.

Regards

Niels

• khufu
    Options

I do know that Niels, but thanks that you updated my post.

For me, is easier to view logs from BD console.

Regards,

khufu

• Niels
    Options
    I do know that Niels, but thanks that you updated my post.

For me, is easier to view logs from BD console.

Regards,

khufu

I just wanted to be sure that you knew it. Because if he navigates then he/she will not find a folder called application data. In the location I posted you will find also the logs for the contextual scan. But you are also correct.

Regards

Niels

• Dan137
    Options
    if he navigates then he/she will

It's a she. :P

Niels and Khufu, Thanks so much for the info.

• Niels
    Niels
    edited June 2007
    Options

Hi Dan 137

Sorry about that.I don't know where I was with my thoughts then. Glad that we could help you.

Regards

Niels

• khufu
    Options
    Glad that we could help you.

+1

khufu