Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojans Not Disinfected And Not Moved By Bitdefender

Options

Hi,

I am new on this forum but I am a fan of BitDefender, which usually proves to be (one of) the best free solutions.

However, I think I got this morning some viruses through surfing on the web. I somehow downloaded a rogue trojan called "Ultimate Antivirus 2008". It presents itself as a well-imited official Microsoft Windows pop-up claiming false lacking security information on my computer from which I can be only freed by downloading the cost-obligatory "official partner antivirus", i.e. Ultimate Antivirus 2008

It was quite well imited and I think I clicked a few times on the options, so that the circus went on a few times. Now, I have started a BitDefender scan and it detects well some trojans, but fails to move the files or to delete them.

The file: Trojan.Downloader.Zlob.ABRQ is categorized as "Suspect"

The file: Trojan.Downloader.Zlob.ABRP was categorized as disinfection failed, moved succeeded - I sent it to BD Labs and deleted it from the quarantine

The files: Genpack:Trojan.Fakeav.AD; Trojan.Zlob.2.Gen are categorized with Disinfection failed, moved failed

What shall I do now ? Thx for any help

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Cornard,

Please post the full scan log of a Deep Scan and a HijackThis scan log.

The BD Scan log can be found like this:

- go to Antivirus -> Scan

- make a Deep Scan (if you already did this, there's no need to do it again)

- right click on Deep Scan and select Logs

- open the newest log.

- an Internet Explorer window will appear. Find the file which is written in IEs Address Bar and attach it here

HijackThis instructions are posted as a Pinned topic in the Malware Talk section.

After you post these logs, a Virus Analyst will take a look at them and tell you what to do next.

Cris.