Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Av 2008-09? Help!

Options

Hello,

Computer has been down for 2 weeks. Symptoms are consistant with what Reuben describes perfectly. I have submitted everything with no recent response from BD Support, but want to make sure it is OK to submit here. Forgive me for I am new to this. I don't want to expose anyone to this inadvertently. Luckily I found this place!

Symptoms:

-I did have fake red wallpaper initially with biohazard symbol that stated "You Privacy is in Danger" (which is no longer present)

-3 icons on desktop initially (which are no longer present)

-Browser does as it wishes

-Will not allow any updates

-disable administrator rights

-changed clock to 24hr time and states "virus alert" next to the time

-C: and D: not accesible in MY COMPUTER

I somehow managed to create another user administrator that seems to be normal for the exception of the Browser. However, no updates can be performed. Attached is a screenshot if this helps.

Thanks

post-15820-1219367707_thumb.jpg

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2670" data-fileid="2670" rel="">bd_sys_log.xml.zip

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2672" data-fileid="2672" rel="">deepscan_log_2.xml

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2673" data-fileid="2673" rel="">AVIS.zip

Comments

• Thanks to crysty2k5!!!!!!! I reviewed a post from another member that had the same issue and ran SUPERAntispyware & Malwarebytes' Antimalware that you suggested and BD is updating. Serveral registries and files were infected over 70. Thank you! Thank you!

• csalgau
    Options

Are there any more issues?

• Hello,

Computer has been down for 2 weeks. Symptoms are consistant with what Reuben describes perfectly. I have submitted everything with no recent response from BD Support, but want to make sure it is OK to submit here. Forgive me for I am new to this. I don't want to expose anyone to this inadvertently. Luckily I found this place!

Symptoms:

-I did have fake red wallpaper initially with biohazard symbol that stated "You Privacy is in Danger" (which is no longer present)

-3 icons on desktop initially (which are no longer present)

-Browser does as it wishes

-Will not allow any updates

-disable administrator rights

-changed clock to 24hr time and states "virus alert" next to the time

-C: and D: not accesible in MY COMPUTER

I somehow managed to create another user administrator that seems to be normal for the exception of the Browser. However, no updates can be performed. Attached is a screenshot if this helps.

Thanks

JKanes,

Just follow my thread, and do what I was instructed to do ..that should clean everything up...Also, it looks like they've updated the malware definitions to include the problems I was having...

Also, follow the directions on cleaning up your "My computer" restrictions, and Taskmanager, and regedit restrictions (policy)...

You can also get rid of the clock "VIRUS ALERT" but running regedit.exe search for "VIRUS ALERT" and edit the key property to "h:mm:ss tt" That will put it back to normal..

Reuben

• jkanes76@yahoo.com
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Thanks to crysty2k5!!!!!!! I reviewed a post from another member that had the same issue and ran SUPERAntispyware & Malwarebytes' Antimalware that you suggested and BD is updating. Serveral registries and files were infected over 70. Thank you! Thank you!

Catalin,

At this moment everything appears stable. I ran a deep scan after BD updated that revealed 6 more infected files. I was able to remove and restore the clock issue by simply going to the "Regional and Language settings". I will follow advice given to Rueben to correct the other issues. This forum is impressive. Thanks to everyone for their help! Thanks for the response Reuben!

• jkanes76@yahoo.com
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Are there any more issues?

Yes. My Admin rights for my original user account have been disabled and I don't have access to "all programs" in start menu, icon is missing. Suggestions? I copied and pasted the contents of the code box that was in the thread for Reuben. No change. Help much appreciated. No big deal though, I can always transfer everything to a new user account.

• csalgau
    Options

I'd have to say the fastest way to fix this is to make a new user account.

We've had multiple cases similar to this one that turned out to be a complete waste of time.

Sorry.