Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

My yahoo messenger can not connect

Options

I have bit defender v 10, if i install to my computer my yahoo messenger cannot connect to the internet. If i uninstall bit defender my yahoo messenger can connect to the internet, why?

pls help

thx

Comments

• Hi, abadip.

You should check to see if BD allows YM to connect to the internet by going to Firewall -> Traffic and then seek Yahoo Messenger in that list. If you find it, and at Action is "Block" you must change it to "Allow", on any adresses, on any hosts and any direction.

If you can't find it, you should create a new rule by clicking on the icon with the "+" (add), select the program (Yahoo Messenger) and save the rule. Doin't forget to set the action on "Allow".

Post if it helped.

Andrei

• khufu
    Options

Allow all inbound and outbound connections to avoid issues.

khufu

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi khufu,

What all inbound and outbound connections are you talking about? Some users could understand from this sentence that you have to allow any connections in and out your PC, regardless of the application which requests access (which is extremely unsafe).

Cris.

• khufu
    Options

Sorry for the unclear post.

I wanted to say that he should make a rule FOR YM to allow connection in and out. This rule should be only for YM.

Sometimes i post like i did in my previous post because of the title of the tread and i posted as a extension9if i can say so) of Andrei post.

I`ll never advice users to allow all connection is and out for system(this is like you don`t have firewall).

I hope i was clean this time.

khufu

• abadip
    Options

hi AndreiASM,

i can not find firewall in my bitdefender

how to setting firewall -> traffic in bitdefender?

thx

Hi, abadip.

You should check to see if BD allows YM to connect to the internet by going to Firewall -> Traffic and then seek Yahoo Messenger in that list. If you find it, and at Action is "Block" you must change it to "Allow", on any adresses, on any hosts and any direction.

If you can't find it, you should create a new rule by clicking on the icon with the "+" (add), select the program (Yahoo Messenger) and save the rule. Doin't forget to set the action on "Allow".

Post if it helped.

Andrei

• abadip
    Options

hi khufu,

how to make a rule for YM, can you explain to me pls?

thank you

Sorry for the unclear post.

I wanted to say that he should make a rule FOR YM to allow connection in and out. This rule should be only for YM.

Sometimes i post like i did in my previous post because of the title of the tread and i posted as a extension9if i can say so) of Andrei post.

I`ll never advice users to allow all connection is and out for system(this is like you don`t have firewall).

I hope i was clean this time.

khufu

• Hi, abadip. When you open BD, you can find Firewall under the Antivirus tab. The order should be the following : General, Antivirus Firewall, in the left of the window. When you click on it, in the upper region will apear another 2 tabs: Status and Traffic. Click on traffic and there should be all the programs for which a rule exists. Seek YM there, and if you can't find it, create a rule for it. A rule tells your firewall how should treat a programs attempts of connecting to the internet. You can create a rule by clicking on the "+" and then browse for YM. Apply it, but don't forget to set the action on "Allow".

Andrei

• abadip
    Options

in my bitdefender antivirus v10 there is no fiewall, i upload the image of BD bdus7.jpg

• Hmm... if you don't have a firewall, than it shouldn't be anything that blocks YM. Do you have another security software installed?

Andrei

• abadip
    Options

no, but i try to uninstall BD and YM can work!

i can't understand

• khufu
    Options

Hi Abadip,

I also have BD Antivirus v10 but in my case i do not have problems with YM.

If you disable real time protection, YM can work?

• It is strange that without any firewall installed, YM can't connect to the internet. Try to disable the Antispyware filter, to see if it works. If nothing works, try to reinstall YM.

Andrei

• abadip
    Options
    Hi Abadip,

I also have BD Antivirus v10 but in my case i do not have problems with YM.

If you disable real time protection, YM can work?

No its not work

It is strange that without any firewall installed, YM can't connect to the internet. Try to disable the Antispyware filter, to see if it works. If nothing works, try to reinstall YM.

Andrei

i try to remove ym and install again, ym not work

and then i try to disable antivirus and antispyware, i try restart the computer now ym can work

i try to enable antivirus and i restart again, ym can work

and now i try to enable antispyware and antivirus, i restart again , my ym can work

thx for the help :)

• Glad we could help you! :)

Andrei