Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

AVG versus BitDefender

Options

I am a huge AVG fan but BitDefender does have a feature that I like that AVG does not have so I am making the switch.

Is this a good product? I have never heard of it before but it seems to have good reviews. Is it a resource hog like Norton is? AVG has a very small footprint which I like.

Just looking for honest opinions as this is going to be installed in a government agency.

Comments

• vladx
    Options

Hi zephirus

IMO it's not a resource hog(a Intel PIV\Amd Athlon XP with 256mb Ram should be enough) and combined with the very good signature and heuristics detection rates it's my choice of a av.Anyway, the best way to see how good it is, is to try it yourself and see how it feels on your computer.

• Niels
    Options

Hi zephirus

It could be that bdss.exe uses lots of cpu usage. But you can reduce that by opening BD go to antivirus,shield,adjusted level,check the following options don't scan files larger then ... (you can fill any value you want),check also the option don't scan this path on all levels if you are sure that the path is clean. You can also uncheck scanning into archives. Don't forget to confirm by pressing on ok. For the rest the cpu and memory usage is reasonable.

For me the advantages are: bhave technology (heuristic detection), the quickness of the updates, Symantec is one of the latest vendors who offers an update when there is a new virus,bootable rescue disc, possibility to install it on 2 computers with the same licence key,live chat support.

Regards

Niels

• davidpr
    Options

My license is due for renewal soon so I have trialled a few other AV's. As of a couple of nights ago I am back with BD and will buy a new license. I find it to be light, easy to understand, has good detection, not sure about clean up, and runs well on my two PC's. Also it is chea.p, especially the renewal.

• Yup, BD is the BEST AV (my opinion). I don't think you can even compare BD with AVG. BD is powerfull, easy to use and has the best detection rate.

• khufu
    edited June 2007
    Options

Hi Zephirus,

Search for it here and read also the report available in PDF format.

You will know what to choose ;)

• Niels
    Niels
    edited June 2007
    Options

Hi khufu

Direct linking is forbidden. Go to http://www.av-comparatives.org after that go to comparatives. That works.

Regards

Niels

• khufu
    edited June 2007
    Options

Hi Niels,

I only knew that is forbidden to post results in other sites.

It is forbidden to provide the tables or results in full or in parts on other sites! Please just refer a link to www.av-comparatives.org
    from AV-comparatives site.

If you say that if forbidden to post direct link, than i will keep in mind next time ;)

Regards,

khufu

• Niels
    Options

Hi khufu

I meant that you may only link to the main page. If you direct link to any other section it will fail. When you try your link you will receive an error 404 file not found.

Regards

Niels

• vladx
    Options

@Niels: Yes you're right, but if you re-enter the address then it works. ;)

@khufu: Look on the site for the methodology doument and you'll see where it states you can't post direct links.

• Niels
    Options

@vladx: Thanks that I didn't know.

• khufu
    Options

@Vladx: i found what you said.

If you want to remove direct link to results and insert a link to main page, feel free and do it ;)

Tks for the info.

khufu

• vladx
    Options

Your welcome khufu, i edited your post a little if you don't mind. :D