Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Upgrade to 2017 not working.

Options

Hello, I was using instruction from topic here above, named:

/index.php?/topic/72447-how-to-upgrade-to-2017/" title="How to upgrade to 2017" rel="">How to upgrade to 2017

But it was not working for me.

Ihave uninstalled 2016 version.

In Bitdefender central I downloaded "new" Bitdefender, but ... this is old version 2016.

Instead the new version I have  installed old version again and again.

I contacted Bitdefender support, but without success, they recommend me the article how to install with the instructions, that does not work for me.

Please is there anybody who knows what is wrong?

Thank you for help.

Tagged:

Comments

• and on the my second computer (both with Windows 10 64bit) - the same behaviour :(

• Math_Matei
    Options

Please change the language in Bitdefender Central!
    Choose English, then download Bitdefender kit!

Will be version 2017

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Matei M.   THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Now it worked :)

• Math_Matei
    Options

1 hour ago, xaver said:

Matei M.   THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Now it worked :)

With pleasure!

This is the role of a community, to always help!

Enjoy the new antivirus! it's amazing!

• hi, I also have Total Security 2016 for 3 Clients with 820 days remaining and I'm trying to do the upgrade to 2017 version,  i read that it is free. I'm finding it's hard, because in Bitdefender Central when I try to convert my current license to the new product, it tells me that the license has already been used to generate a subscription... how were you able to update it? Do you have maintained the days of old license? Thanks a lot! 

p.s. it's an italian license 

• Math_Matei
    edited October 2016
    Options

All-day license is kept, of course!
    If you fail to upgrade to version 2017,
    you must  have a little patience . Surely, soon, you will receive support from a technician BitDefender

I do not know if Bitdefender 2017 was released in Italian.

So far there are several, including: English, German, French, Romanian.

It will soon be released for other languages.

Now, it's different, the language is set in the early Bitdefender installation kit

p.s. I apologize for faulty English used

• warcraftsman
    edited October 2016
    Options

Now I'm trying to uninstall it and download it from my profile Bitdefender Central ... 

• Math_Matei
    Options

1 minute ago, warcraftsman said:

Now I'm trying to uninstall it and download it from my profile Bitdefender Central ... 

Good luck! I expect your news

• warcraftsman
    edited October 2016
    Options

that's all ok,  I was using a wrong procedure. Software downloaded in english, installation started in italian, license converted from Total Security 2016 to 2017 and remaining days maintained... :wub:

• Math_Matei
    edited October 2016
    Options

:D

So now everything is ok?

I'm glad I could help you

• Hi,

I got the email with the offer of a discount on the 2017 version. The email said that a year would be added to my subscription. I have 99 days left on my current subscription.

However when I go to activate it it says it will replace my current subscription. So I'll lose 99 days. If I had known that (that it wouldn't add a year but I'd lose 3 months) I wouldn't have bought it.

Is there any way to fix this? I can't be the only one caught out by a very poorly worded email from Bitdefender. I'd like to move to 2017 but no at the cost of losing 3 months usage. I'd actually like my money back if that's the case.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

2 hours ago, arranh said:

Hi,

I got the email with the offer of a discount on the 2017 version. The email said that a year would be added to my subscription. I have 99 days left on my current subscription.

However when I go to activate it it says it will replace my current subscription. So I'll lose 99 days. If I had known that (that it wouldn't add a year but I'd lose 3 months) I wouldn't have bought it.

Is there any way to fix this? I can't be the only one caught out by a very poorly worded email from Bitdefender. I'd like to move to 2017 but no at the cost of losing 3 months usage. I'd actually like my money back if that's the case.

HI arranh,

Relax my good man,  :D

I know it's confusing at first glance, but NO, you will not lose your 99 days. (If you have an active license) 

If when activated, which you should do, your 99 days are not added, the issue will be fixed by support. Contact them if needed. 

• 3 hours ago, mdgboxx said:

HI arranh,

Relax my good man,  :D

I know it's confusing at first glance, but NO, you will not lose your 99 days. (If you have an active license) 

If when activated, which you should do, your 99 days are not added, the issue will be fixed by support. Contact them if needed. 

CHeers, 465 days on my subscription left :)