Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[Resolved] Upgrade & New Install of 2017 stops with "can't install drivers" after install starts

Options
DJL
DJL
edited October 2016 in Install activation

I have Total 2015 with 145 days left. After exploring on site & net found out that I could upgrade to 2017 using current listed version with existing install code.

To date I've done everything that was suggested including using current bitdefender uninstall tool, downloaded & used current full install pack, multiple clean reboots including in safe mode, registry cleaning, disabled other AV (iObit - BTW they worked very well with each other for years), deep file uninstall all to no avail. I get past the files unpacked and the install splash screen comes up with the click "Install Button." Then seconds later after clicking "install" I get a black error message stating "can not load drivers."

I've tried all that I know, all my tips & tricks, or anything else I could find with 20+ install tries and still get the black driver error message at file install. I'm thinking that it's probably something simple but I'm at a loss as to what it might be. I'm thinking I not the first person to have this problem. Also, what's the best way to get Bitdefender support to respond & help, etc.

Thanks for Any & All Input... 

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Just disabling the AV will not help. You need to completely uninstall all other security solutions before attempting to install Bitdefender.

• DJL
    Options

That did the trick. Uninstalled & cleaned any related app, ran Bitdefender 2017 Uninstall app and then ran full install again. This time made it past the driver install and BINGO, full install completed. I like the new features, etc. and have gone thru all the tools and am running a full scan as I type this.

Thanks Sorin for the quick response and info!