Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Conflicts Of Bitdefender

Options

Hi, I have been using BitDefender AV 2008 for almost half a year now. I would like to inquire about the subject stated in the title.

I have been using several programs such as WinPatrol & SpywareBlaster together with BitDefender, but I've found that BitDefender AV's was deactivated.

The problem is I've already avoided using secondary spyware scanners as suggested by the BitDefender Customer Support Live Chat, but I don't see why I can't even use the above 2 programs since WinPatrol only analyzes processes that BitDefender AV does, & I only use SpywareBlaster for blocking cookies & sites. Can anyone suggest?

One thing to note, the reason why I don't like to use BitDefender's Cookie Protection is because I was really frustrated with all the pop-ups I have to face. That's why I use SpywareBlaster to keep out the bad cookies.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello bitdark,

Check if winpatrol plus didn't prevent any off BitDefender drivers to load at startup. See if you didn't disabled BDagent to load at startup.I also have spywareblaster installed together with winpatrol and no issues.

Infact you can install other antispyware or malware scanners as on-demand scanners.

If you still have problems remove BitDefender by using this tool.But first right click on the red BitDefender icon near the system tray and choose exit. Double click on the uninstall tool to run it. You will be asked to reboot please do so. Install BitDefender again.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hello bitdark,

Check if winpatrol plus didn't prevent any off BitDefender drivers to load at startup. See if you didn't disabled BDagent to load at startup.I also have spywareblaster installed together with winpatrol and no issues.

Infact you can install other antispyware or malware scanners as on-demand scanners.

If you still have problems remove BitDefender by using this tool.But first right click on the red BitDefender icon near the system tray and choose exit. Double click on the uninstall tool to run it. You will be asked to reboot please do so. Install BitDefender again.

Kind regards,

Niels

Hey, thanks for the reply. Yep, the problem is somehow solved when I re-installed BitDefender AV using the uninstallation & installation files passed to me during the last Live Chat a couple of weeks ago. Nope, I don't see any processes under BitDefender blocked.

Also just to add, I use Online Armor & integrate HOSTS files from IE SPYAD, so if there's any conflicts between them can let me know? Thanks.

• Sorry for raising this topic after a long while, but I just want to mention another program. Recently I've inquired the BitDefender program about Trend Micro HijackThis, but I was told NOT to install it 'cos it can cause conflicts with Bitdefender (currently using BitDefender AV 2009).

I have heard of it as an advanced tool to resolve infections in security company forums like this, but I do not quite understand: since it is only used as a on-demand scanner, why is it considered as a conflicting program with BitDefender products by the company itself? Can anyone advise?