Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Issue

Options
Manniala
edited December 2016 in Install activation

Well i upgraded from Bitdefender 2016, a friend of mine gave me a version last year, so thought hey about time i get an upgrade now, yeah so far so good.

So went to the site, it was on sale even better, so bought Bitdefender Total Security Multi... 2017, so far so good, (also the only thing that went right)

Well i registered and got my download tool, so i pressed run as admin.

It installed and wanted me to restart the computer yeah well its ok that happens, so i restarted it came into windows again, errm why do i not have any internet now ?

So now i have a product i just installed and it up my internet, so i cant activate it since it want internet, but i have no internet because it up the internet....

Well so i did what everyone else would do, try uninstall the cause some thing went wrong, so yeah i ran uninstall, restarted NO internet, so thought ah well i can just install it again and it might fix the problem WROOOOOONG, it req internet to install, so now i have no protection (well do not really need since it up the internet), and no internet, so i ran all kind of trouble shooting, after 3 hours i had my internet back YEAAAH only 3 hours, thats great, and have no clue what went wrong.

So now i sit there and got internet but no protection, do i dare to run it again or what ? Well protection is needed so yeah right click run as admin... And it installed just "not fine" it came to the restart part again, and i restarted, i came into windows yeah icon was not marked Yellow with the ! for internet, so yeah i thought it worked now, but errm where is my Bitdefender, it did not auto start ? WTF, so i looked at Startup Nope not in there, i ran my Glary Utility to see if it was there.

Well Startup Programs = Nope

Scheduled Tasks, well i see the bdagent.exe and WatchDog.exe

What about Application Services, let me see DevMgmtService.exe, vsservp.exe and vsserv.exe were there, but am i protected or what, since i have no icon on the taskbar, hmm well i had the "Bitdefender 2017" icon the desktop, so i ran that one, and got "login thingy" yeah well i logged in and yeah Bitdefender Total Security 2017 opened, so i set it all up as i like it, i restarted again just to make sure right ?

Well i came into windows and thought ah it was a glitch that it did not start up, 20 sec in windows, 2 mins in windows, 5 min and stil no icon showing that the program was started, so wtf am i protected or am i not, so once more to the desktop and run "Bitdefender 2017", yeaaan it came once more "put in the password please crap" well i already did that last time ? Well i did it again, and thought ah some thing smells like bad fish here, but it did save all settings tho, so thats sorta great.

So i did a restart and well every thing from start again, desktop, run BT, put in password.... And i then noticed WTF i still have the icon for "Windows Defender" errm the other times BT disabled this, why do i now have both BT and Windows Defender ?

So the idiot i was i went to your site and found the uninstall tool, and i ran it, **** SAKE, no internet... yeah just go and read from the start again, well only instead of 3 hours, it only took me 15 mins to resolve the internet problem.

But i still have the same crap problem that im not even sure if it is running or not, i have to press the BT 2017 icon on desktop every time i start windows, type in the password every time, and i still also have the Windows Defender icon

So i wonder WTF is wrong here ?

I had 0 problem with BT 2016, but 2017 have so far given me the crap loads of problems.

So any clue how to fix my problems other then get a refund and get me Kaspersky, cause i really do not want to have to go through this every time i start windows, and dont say just reinstall the program, been there done that did not work...

Comments

• omg now i got the other things sorted out after a lot of searching on the net, but OMG the ransomware is  crap if i may say so, was way better in 2016 version.

I use Mediacoder to shrink my videos, and ofc i want to protect the folders with my videos so i added that to the Protection folder.

I go in and try to encode a video and get error, but the Ransomware protection even do not give me an option to allow it to save there, so i made a new folder just as temp to save into, and this one is not protected at all, it's NOT on the list, but same , cant save in it, i just get an Error (5) in the program.

http://blog.mediacoderhq.com/docs/error-codes/#005

Ah well i added those coders that i think is needed but since there are like 200 .exe files in the map i have no clue if it's the right ones, 

Well i went and disabled the Ransomware protection, gues what ? still did not let me transcode into it.

Well i thought hey let me reinstall it since it could be a little glitch, so running the install and i imidiatly get the "C:\xxxxxxxAppData\Local\Temp\is-9968U.tmp" and an nice error Access is denied, WTF, it even did popup this time and said that you had stopped a potential harmful program, i went and say yeah i trust this program, and still i get this error.

So i had to go and disable the ransomware to even getting allowed to install it, even that i had said it was a trusted program, in what world will will you give me an option to trust a program but then still not allowing it to run ?

Ah well with it disabled i can now FINALY install, and ofc every problem is then solved right WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG again, pres start encoding POPUP Error (5) wtf Ransomware is disabled why the **** do i not get access to the folder ?

Well making a temp folder "H:\baaah" checked yeah it's not on the protected list, and i even disabled the Ransomware so everything's good now right ? WROOOOOOOONG again, error (5) permission denied bla bla bla, i have NEVER had this problem with the old Bitdefender 2016, it always came up asking me if i wanted to allow the program access, now i even do not get a popup, and even with ransomware disabled it won't let me do anything.

I made a little video: https://youtu.be/YBu_fsi_HK4

It is processing, but give it a little time if you do not see it in HD.

So what is wrong here, i did a 

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Even with ransomware protection disabled, you might have a permission issue on the machine itself.

Please contact our support team at bitsy@bitdefender.com and provide them with all the details and the log from the Bitdefender Support Tool.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-generate-a-support-log--1168.html

• Well it all started the sec i install BT 2017, i have not had any problems before, so it will be a realllllllllllly weird coincidence that all problems start right by it self after the install.