Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd.ren Files

Options

I have BitDefender Anti-virus 2008 build 11.0.17.Yesterday, I did a deep system scan & my password hidden files were converted to bd.ren files which have become inaccessible to me.

Can someone please guide me to get back my files & folders ASAP?

I am using Windows XP Professional with service pack 2.

Cheers

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Wait a second....

Do you have hidden password-protected archives or password files from browsers, e-mail clients, Windows accounts ?

• Wait a second....

Do you have hidden password-protected archives or password files from browsers, e-mail clients, Windows accounts ?

Crysty2k5 - am noticing this bd.ren files after i run the deep system scan and my laptop is brand new - i installed bit defender on the same day i received the laptop - i have run this scan about 20times now and it keeps finding hidden rootkits infecting a different no of items every time

• Crysty2k5 - am noticing this bd.ren files after i run the deep system scan and my laptop is brand new - i installed bit defender on the same day i received the laptop - i have run this scan about 20times now and it keeps finding hidden rootkits infecting a different no of items every time

Hi Crysty2k5,

I have overcome the problem by resetting the file names by using FileRenamer Turbo software.It seems that BD will rename our hidden files while conducting a deep system scan.In case,your problem persists do try out this solution.

Cheers mate