Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Single Click to Turn BitDefender Off and On

Options

Hello,

I am new here so hello all! ...I would love to see an easy right click on the icon to turn off the "ON ACCESS SCANNING" as other antivirus programs allow. Normally you can right click the icon and turn it off for 1 minute to permanently with a simple right click but with Bitdefender, you have to go through a real series of clicks to get to the module to turn it off and get the options i speak of. This is particularly convenient for when you are doing any type of decoding/encoding with video files or things like that, etc. Every other antivirus software i have ventured to use has this option available but BitDefender. 

So if you are truly listening BitDefender please incorporate this feature into an update please as i turn this off when playing games to among other things when security isn't necessary. This allows controls to be at hand easier and only with one click of the mouse rather than 4/5 clicks.

Sincerely,

Ford

Comments

• Hi !

Another vote from me - I just switched to Bitdefender Antivirus 2017 from Kaspersky Antivirus and one feature I'm missing the most is the quickly accessible option (right click on systray icon) to disable on-access scanning and maybe other modules. Kaspersky has this and also there is very nice flavour to it - you can specify the time after which the scan is enabled automatically again - so basically you telling the antivirus "Disable on-access scanning for 5 minutes" for example so you have not to worry about forgetting enabling the scan after you finish what you are doing.

It should be possible for other modules as well. I was searching through forums and found some ways how to disable modules for version 2016 but I think it doesn't apply for 2017 version and also that 2016's way is way too cumbersome - you have to go to modules preferences to disable them - totally annoying when you want to disable protection for few minutes.

This is the feature I'm willing to switch to Kaspersky for again after my 1-year Bitdefender subscription is gone if it is not implemented.

Pleeeeease :)

• I've found that even the several protections when 'disabled' - are NOT

reboot does not help

frustrating, probably going back to eset if this is not fixed soon

• BD IS 2017 here and there are certain .exe's that I cannot disable from on access scanning, even when they and their directories are in "exclusions".

Rebooting after setting the exclusions (and again  turning off on-access scanning) does not help.

• eles
    Options

Many times I need to turn BD off (as in installing software) and then turn it back on.

It is very inconvenient to have to search through all the sections to find what to turn off

and then hope I found everything I turned off when I turn BD back on.

I would like to see a simple on/off switch for everything on the front page that does not change any settings.