vault security

Hi all

I have made two vaults 1 on my laptop and 1 on my desktop. I use these vaults to keep my bank and some letters in I also close the vault but I'm wondering if these vaults are truly secure? My laptop was stolen but my vault was not open will the person that has my laptop be able to get into my fault ? can they break my password and open vault to see whats in.

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks 

Russell

Comments

• Hello,

No, as long as your password is strong and not easily to guess. Also there is no password recovery system for the Vault

• Thanks Sorin   my mind is at rest now 

• Hi guys,

I have vault file in my Windows 10 laptop and recently my HDD is somehow damaged and I cant recover files myself. I am thinking of bringing my Laptop to professional rescue company so my questions are:

1. Can they be able to restore my Vault files ?(say the HDD was not too damaged and other type of  files can be restored)

2. Would my vault files content being exposed and every single files in there being accessed by the technician at the company?

Many thanks and best regards,

• Hello,

1. They should be able to recover the Vault, it all depends on how badly the HDD is damaged and what tools they use

2. No, the vault is encrypted. They will see only gibberish if they recover it bit by bit.

• Thank you very much Sorin!

Regards