Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Been Hit By A Trojan, Bd Reported It To Be Clean

Options

about 24 hours back i got a email a with attachment.

Didn't wanted to open the PDF looking icon in the zip file but did it after checking it using Bitdefender internet security 2008, i was sure it would protect me if anything happens.

for security i took off my network cable.

I ran the PDF looking application. and got infected, the file appeared running in Task Manager, Killed PID, checked the c:/ with BD again, it still said CLEAN.

Was sure something was going around and started looking for more details and found its the same file as described on this BLOG.

Tried the suggested anti-virus but could stay offline for reporting this here and taking the risk of getting online.

just re-installed my OS and thinking should i continue using BD or not.

Any suggestion is the above Malware is detectable by BD currently or not.

Thanks,

pk

Comments

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭
    edited August 2008
    Options

It's nearly impossible to identify malware just by it's icon. If you still have that file, please attach it to a post. We do our best to increase detection rates and it always helps when users like yourself submit suspicious files to us.

When you are in doubt about a file you can either submit it to the forums or to customer support and we will be happy to take a look at it.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2008
    Options

Please post HERE a HijackThis log !

Instructions: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=5668

• ghpk
    Options

hi,

sorry but as already said, i've re-formatted my HDD already.

Will check if any of back up mailboxes has copy of that 2 zip files.

I pull my mails to gmail when iam not at office but gmail dropped it already saying "could not pull the mail due to suspected virus"

I did ran Hijack this but don't have a log as format is already been run.

thanks for your attention though.