Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Verifying current engine version

Options

Hello there wonderful forum people,

I am wondering if there is a way to check the current engine version (not from within bitdefender), on a web page or something similar (I'm fine with having to use an API or sending a GET request to a server if necessary)?  I know updates are usually pulled off of: http://upgr-mmxiii.cdn.bitdefender.net is there a way to check the current engine version being distributed from this server? 

The only reason I need to know this is the company I work with requires an up-to-date antivirus program, and occasionally the software they use to check this will flag Bitdefender as being out of date and I just need a way to verify whether or not it is or isn't out-of-date for clients who are using Bitdefender by comparing their version number to Bitdefender's official version.  I need something that's updated live, since updates are often pushed out more than once daily and just checking a forum post on major versions or something like that is not very useful, nor feasible.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

I would advise contacting our support team via bitsy@bitdefender.com for more details.

Also please be advised that the Bitdefender Free cannot be used in a corporate/business environment.

• VersionCollector
    edited February 2017
    Options

On 2/3/2017 at 3:06 PM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

I would advise contacting our support team via bitsy@bitdefender.com for more details.

Also please be advised that the Bitdefender Free cannot be used in a corporate/business environment.

Thank you, I will email them.  Don't worry, we're not using/distributing Bitdefender as corporate software.  We just have to verify that clients who choose to use it for their own personal machines and want to connect to our network are using an up to date version.