Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Corrupting Windows Registry

Options

Hi

I experienced a funny effect yesterday after I installed BDIS 2017 onto a customers machine. After the initial installation that the customer did himself, he came back to our store complaining that the BDIS crashed the laptop. I offered to install it on his behalf, and low and behold, after the installation was complete, activation done, and first reboot, windows will not start. It goes into a startup repair loop and there was no way, not even safe mode to gain access to windows. Only after making a copy of the registry, did windows open, and BDIS was then uninstalled, and the laptop was fine. Second installation, the exact same thing happened.

I have installed BDIS a lot of times for our customers, and apart from the pain of registering the account and activation, have not experienced this issue before? Anyone with any advise?

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

I honestly doubt it's a registry corruption case as this would be the first.

I believe the customer had some remnants from either previous versions of Bitdefender or other security solutions.

It's best to uninstall from the Control Panel and then run a sweep with the Bitdefender uninstall tool. Same goes for other security solutions and their respective uninstall tools.

• I did run the install tool for 2016 prior to installing, and rebooted after. It was an interesting issue, as this is not something I have come across in the past, he had been running only bit defender on the machine since 2007 according to him.