Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Games are crashing with BD 9

Options
fredy
edited June 2007 in General talk

Hello. I got a problem. I am experiencing this problem over 6 months. I bought this BF 9 license and I am happy. But I discovered, that my games will crash randomly after that :(. I cannot see even any error messages, just game freezes and sound is repeating some sound piece what lasts less than half seconds. This is really wierd and bac af course too. Sometimes I can play four hours, sometimes less than half hours. Restart is then needed. What should I do ? Ill copy down here my BFFileInfo information. Maybe that helps.. (Sorry for bad english).

EDIT : I added 2 files here too : BFFileInfo.rar (packed .txt file) and sysdump.rar

I am unable to see any errors all the time and I cannot take any screenshot, when my computer freezes. So I cannot give you any screenshots:(

My PC specs :

CPU AMD Athlon X2 3800+ AM2 + AC 7 Alpine

Motherboard Asus M2N-E

GPU Club 3D 7900GS + Zalman VF700-Cu

RAM DDR2 800Mhz 2x1024 MB RAM

Hard Drive 160GB

PSU 500W Chieftec

Sound Card X-Fi Xtreme Music

OS Windows XP Professional

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=164" data-fileid="164" rel="">sysdump.tar

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=165" data-fileid="165" rel="">BDFileInfo.rar

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hi freddy

Normally BitDefender will not cause conflicts with games. Did you installed for all your games the latest patch? Try also upgrading the drivers of your sound and graphics card. First I need to know which card you have do this for receiving that kind of information: start,run,at the run dialog box type dxdiag press enter then go to the monitor/screen tab and tell what you find after name under device and tell me also what you find after date. Do that also for sound. Close also as many background processes before starting games. To see which processes you can kill enter them on this website: http://www.processlibrary.com You have to open taskmanager : start,run,at the run dialog box type taskmgr press enter. Now enter everything what you will find under procesitem on that website. Take also a look at the BitDefender shelduler if there isn't a scan shelduled or an update available. Because that can also sometimes happens.

Regards

Niels

• fredy
    edited June 2007
    Options

Well of course I have installed latest drivers for my hardware and even updated my BIOS. All games are patched to avoid any game bugs. Still no help. I have now searched in this forum and I saw that maybe this BD is causing the trouble. Well, I guess I need to shut down these processes then and try max 6 hours, is there anything to crash then. Weaker games like Renegade doesn't crash really often. But more ###### games like Dark Messiah (Source engine) and Silent hunter 4 are crashing pretty often.

I have played many games and all of them have been crashed sometimes.

• Niels
    Options

Hi fredy

I don't have any problems with BitDefender running in the background. Mostly it's a windows related problem. To see if windows didn't log anything try this go to start,run,at the run dialog box type eventvwr press enter now doubleclick on application and take a look if you find any error messages.

Regards

Niels

• fredy
    Options

Niels, you have right, there are these application errors reported. I'll see what I can do. Many thanks to You, Niels. I know more about hardware and not so much software. Sorry for accusing BD, I have tried NOD32 and F-Secure for long time, but for Antivirus programs I prefer BD.

This Topic can be closed, I guess. Thank You again.

• Niels
    Options

Hi fredy

Hopefully you can solve it. I just posted that kind information because I didn't know how knowledgeable you where. Glad that I could assist you.

Regards

Niels

I will let this topic open.

• vaiman
    Options

Hi all,

I have had similar problems with various games crashing over the last month or so (since i upgraded the whole pc).

The latest game, Halo 2, constantly crashed within 5 mins of loading. Most people advised me of a new PSU (i did and it cost me £80)

I installed every driver available (inc beta).

Still no luck.

However, someone suggested i turn off BD.

So i disabled all services on BD

Bingo! No problems at all??

Started them all up 6 hours later. Crashed.

Maybe this is to do with games like Halo/Test Drive using online more than other games during load? I'm not sure.

Any advice would be appreciated as I prefer to have it running obviously lol

• Niels
    Options

Hi Vaiman

You can try this open BitDefender go to antivirus,shield,adjusted level (custom level),don't scan this pad on all levels,add (new) item and browse to the installation folder of your games. You have to repeat this steps for your games. Close also as many backgroundprocesses. I can play games without any problems while BD is active.Do also this go to start,run,at the run dialog box type eventvwr press enter now doubleclick on application and take a look if you find any error messages. Be also sure that you don't have schelduled a scan in BitDefender. It could also that there was an update available. What version of BitDefender are you using? I mean BitDefender Antivirus,BitDefender Antivirus Plus,BitDefender internet security.

Regards

Niels