Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Found 5 Virus

Options

Hello i have bitdefender 2008 full security and bitdefender found 5 virus

But he dont delete the 5 virussen :blink:

Plz help bitdefender say your computer is still infected!

The virus is in C;system volume .....

And i cant find that file

Jan

Sorry for bat english

Comments

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello i have bitdefender 2008 full security and bitdefender found 5 virus

But he dont delete the 5 virussen :blink:

Plz help bitdefender say your computer is still infected!

The virus is in C;system volume .....

And i cant find that file

Jan

Sorry for bat english

You can eliminate the viruses from System Volume Information without problems.

First method would be to disable System Restore on all drives from Control Panel/System/System Restore and then reboot computer.Aditionally delete manualy all temporary files from Documents & Settings/"User"/Local Setings/Temp and Windows/Temp.

I also recommend you to disable Recycle Bin and delete the folder with name Recycled on all drives(some viruses keep copyes of them themselves in this hidden folders also),right click on Recycle desktop icon ,click Properties,tick "Use only one stting for all drives" then tick "do not move files to the recycle bit..."option.To delete the Recycled folders ,that are hidden (like System Restore Information folders) you need to go in Folder Options/View and untick the 2 options with "Hide ...",then ofcourse navigate and delete the folders on each drives even if they report beeing empty.

If the viruses still persist you will need to manually wipe out the System Volume Information folders using the folder ownage method.This is done by disableing "Use Simple File Sharing" from the same Folder Options/View and then right clicking on the System.. folders and after you modifie your administrator rights in the "Security" tab.ATENTION deletion of System Volume Information folders must be done in Safe Mode.In safe mode you enter with F8, on your keyboard ,right after BIOS finishes its test routines.Good luck!