Windows 10 Creators Update

Hello,

I'm a little nervous about the upcoming Windows 10 Creators Update in relation to how it will affect installed anti-malware products.  I have read that Microsoft is not giving anti-malware companies as much time to adapt to such updates as they used to before being released.  This has resulted in some hardship for both the anti-malware companies and for some of the users of these products.  I suppose I have two questions:  Has Microsoft relented and given the anti-malware vendors more time to adapt their products to updates such as the Creators Update?  The second question:  Since I use Bitdefender Internet Security 2017, will Bitdefender most likely be ready for the Creators Update?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Hello,

Bitdefender is ready for the next update, as seen in the changelog the product is already complies with the new policies.

• That's good to know.  Thank you for your reply.

• I'm surprised there isn't more info easily available that indicates compatibility (or rather what version/revision is compatible).  1st level support (via bitdefender central) didn't know 10 minutes ago if it was compatible or not.. and win10-1703 was unofficially released 2 days ago (msdn or manually using the upgrade assistant). This one thread is all I found that says yes it's compatible. Mcafee, fwiw, has the info readily available and clearly states the VSE8.8patch9 release from 31march was compatible.  At least I only have to use them at the corporate level and not on my personal systems. ;)