can't re-install

So I was using BitDefender and all of the sudden stopped working. So I tried to reinstall and after downloading the installer, started the process and downloaded 250Mb (I assume the program itself) . Then I got a message like "Cannot install because it's already installed" (something like that, don't have the window visible now) and then opened a window named CENTRAL and asked me to login, which I did, then the window closed itself. However, BitDefender was nowhere to be found.

Tried again, and all the same happened.

So I checked with CCleaner and it recognizes the program to be installed. Thinking there might be some corrupted file, I uninstalled, cleaned registry and did a 100% clean install... and again, won't install because it's installed (yet not available on my programs). I only have an empty folder named "BitDefender Antivirus Free" and nothing else, no files inside it

Any idea how to fix this?

I'm running Windows 7 just in case

Tagged:

Comments

• warcraft
    edited April 2017

use attached file Bitdefender UninstallTool.

i had same problem before. this can help you completely remove previous versions

The_New_Bitdefender_UninstallTool.exe

www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

• devin
    edited April 2017

On 4/22/2017 at 9:37 PM, warcraft said:

use attached file Bitdefender UninstallTool.

i had same problem before. this can help you completely remove previous versions

The_New_Bitdefender_UninstallTool.exe

thank you Warcraft. Tried it and still no luck :(

• warcraft
    edited April 2017

1- run it as administrator .

2- if it doesnt help, try on safe mode too .

3- finally try last version of bt uninstaller tool in the name of ( Bitdefender_2017_UninstallTool)

download it from address below

https://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall/

i hope this help.

• Alternator
    edited May 2017

Hello devin, welcome to Bitdefender forums. default_happy.png

I had a similar problem few months ago on a friend`s computer.

I agree with warcraft, download latest Bitdefender Uninstall tool and boot your computer in safe mode.

Run bitdefender uninstaller, finish the process, restart computer.

This was the only working solution in my case, I hope it will help you too.