Advanced Threat Defense

2»

Comments

• 5 minutes ago, netmon said:

This may not help, but as a counter-example I am having none of these issues with Bitdefender. Note all installs were clean installs of Bitdefender Total Security 2018 v22.0.10.141, and not an upgrade from a previous Bitdefender version:

* Win 7 64-bit fully patched - ok   (first thoroughly removed competitive AV product, Malwarebytes 3.x was installed before Bitdefender install)

* Win 10 64-bit fully patched - ok   (no previous AV except MS Defender,. Malwarebytes 3.x was installed before Bitdefender install)

* Win 10 64-bit VM fully patched - ok   (new VM with no other applications, no previous AV except MS Defender)

As a general rule for any new AV install for a different vendor I uninstall any previous product using multiple steps. Maybe this would help in this case for 2017 to 2018? Not sure what this would do for your Bitdefender license.

* use the vendors standard product uninstall process

* use the vendors complete removal tool if one exists

* use SysInternals Autoruns to find any remaining DLLs, autoruns entries, and remove them etc

* use Explorer to remove any remaining vendor directories

* optionally use regedit to remove any remaining vendor registry keys (usually skip this step)

I agree totally!  I also have three installations, two of them are Windows 10 x64 fully patched and the third is a laptop with Windows 7 32-bit  again, fully patched up to this date and have no problems whatsoever.  BTW, I could add to your list, the use of  "Everythinghttps://www.voidtools.com/faq/ as the search engine instead of using Windows Search.

• 15 minutes ago, netmon said:

This may not help, but as a counter-example I am having none of these issues with Bitdefender. Note all installs were clean installs of Bitdefender Total Security 2018 v22.0.10.141, and not an upgrade from a previous Bitdefender version:

* Win 7 64-bit fully patched - ok   (first thoroughly removed competitive AV product, Malwarebytes 3.x was installed before Bitdefender install)

* Win 10 64-bit fully patched - ok   (no previous AV except MS Defender,. Malwarebytes 3.x was installed before Bitdefender install)

* Win 10 64-bit VM fully patched - ok   (new VM with no other applications, no previous AV except MS Defender)

As a general rule for any new AV install for a different vendor I uninstall any previous product using multiple steps. Maybe this would help in this case for 2017 to 2018? Not sure what this would do for your Bitdefender license.

* use the vendors standard product uninstall process

* use the vendors complete removal tool if one exists

* use SysInternals Autoruns to find any remaining DLLs, autoruns entries, and remove them etc

* use Explorer to remove any remaining vendor directories

* optionally use regedit to remove any remaining vendor registry keys (usually skip this step)

Netmon,

Appreciate the suggestions but all the recommendations you made as well as more I have tried with no luck.

I uninstalled every way imaginable and I have only had BD running as my security suite for the last 4 years so it is not new to the system. I tried installing, uninstalling and re-installing, let BD TS 2018 remove TS 2017 still does not work, removed all the updates still no work, ran sp2 again to make sure all was good still doesn't work, ran sfc /scannow still does not work.

Even BD level 3 techs say there are issues with Win7, If it worked for you that is great but I doubt we have the same exact files and updates as well as programs that could botch things up.

• martin69
    edited September 2017

Hi everyone,

I had the very same issue with the update to 2018. Tried reinstalling Bitdefender like so many of you, no luck as well - Advanced Threat Defense wont enable.

Was about to try the xml-file replacement mentioned in this thread when I recognized that the file actually is stored in two places ...

1) C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\settings

2) C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\settings\LGKC

Lo and behold ... atc.xml in the first folder (1) was looking right while the one in LGKC (2) did not.

Although there were differences my file (1) looked very similar to the one posted in this thread.

So instead of using the file posted here I simply used my very own atc.xml (1) to replace the one in LGKC (2).

I restarted windows in safe mode and copied the atc.xml from folder 1 into folder 2.

What shall I say, Bitdefender is working like a charm now.

I cant guarantee that it works for you of course, but it may be worth a try?

Don't forget to save your original xml though - just saying.

• Based on martin69's post, and as someone with a working config, I can verify atc.xml and LGKC\atc.xml are identical text on my system except for the last folder listed in the three folder paths for <signatures>, <gemmasig> and <gemmacemid>. LGKC seems to be Last Good copy, as it refers to older folders for each of the three paths.

• Ok after trying Martin69's solution , it didn't work for me. 

So i d/l the xml file that was posted in a earlier post , and copied it to the two locations that Martin mentions and low and behold , no more error starting the advanced threat defense.

Hope this helps anyone else with the problem.

• I as well tried Martin69's fix and it was a no go same issue as before, But he did bring to light the two different files in two different locations so I did as he suggested and compared both and sure as a shooting the atc.xml file located in Program Files > Bitdefender > Bitdefender Security > Settings > LGKC was lacking the info that was in atc.xml located in  Program Files > Bitdefender > Bitdefender Security > Settings. What my fix was to copy the two lines of text as shown below from the atc.xml file located in previous posts here and paste it between </gemmaoemid> and </atc> as shown below.

Before fix:

<gemmaoemid>56ADACF1-E4C7-1C60-480A-11949EB00DD0</gemmaoemid>

</atc>

After fix:

<enabled>1</enabled>

<gemma>1</gemma>

</atc>

Thanks Martin69 for bringing this to light, While it may not be the proper path to a fix you can't argue with success and this is the first time in I don't know how many installs of TS 2018 that ATD is actually enabled.

Many Thanks!!

• Now I am not sure that ATC is actually working on my Win 7 system since the atc boot-start driver failed to load. Can you check your Event Viewers?

This may be a conflict just on my system since I notice HitmanPro.Alert driver is also failing to start.

• In the gui Advanced Threat Defense is constant ON (blue)

• atc.xml and LGKC/atc.xml are similar and match the examples posted here

• BUT in Windows Event Viewer, when the system boot_s, I get event 7026

• Log Name: System
      Source: Service Control Manager
      Date: 9/10/2017 11:06:29 AM
      Event ID: 7026
      Task Category: None
      Level: Error
      Keywords: Classic
      User: N/A
      Computer: Laptop
      Description:
      The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
      atc
      cdrom
      hmpalert

• Tmod700
    edited September 2017

Same error, So much for it working, I guess just because it shows enabled doesn't mean it is doing anything.

System

-

Provider

[ Name]

Service Control Manager

[ Guid]

{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}

[ EventSourceName]

Service Control Manager

-

EventID

[ Qualifiers]

Version

Level

Task

Opcode

Keywords

0x8080000000000000

-

TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]

2017-09-11T22:24:38.706193300Z

EventRecordID

Correlation

-

Execution

[ ProcessID]

[ ThreadID]

Channel

System

Computer

T1234-PC

Security

-

EventData

param1

atc

System

-

Provider

[ Name]

Service Control Manager

[ Guid]

{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}

[ EventSourceName]

Service Control Manager

-

EventID

[ Qualifiers]

Version

Level

Task

Opcode

Keywords

0x8080000000000000

-

TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]

2017-09-12T20:59:57.226182300Z

EventRecordID

Correlation

-

Execution

[ ProcessID]

[ ThreadID]

Channel

System

Computer

T1234-PC

Security

-

EventData

param1

atc

• Same thing here. After downloading and copied the recommended .xml file in the previous posts, the Advanced Threat Defense is ON and everything looks ok with the antivirus. But event viewer shows atc failed to load...

• Just for kicks and grins I checked the wifes Win 10 system and no error in event viewer, So it seems regardless of whether we have the slider set to enabled ATD still does not work in Win 7. I checked another Win 7 system and showed the error in the event viewer as well.

• /index.php?/profile/201429-sorin-g/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="201429" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/201429-sorin-g/" rel="">@Sorin G., can you please comment? Is this event 7026 on WIndows 7 normal or abnormal? Does it mean ATD is not working correctly?

In Process Explorer I can see each process has a connection to \Device\AtcComm, and all processes also seem to have loaded atcuf32.dll or atcuf64.dll, plus some other ATC stuff. So that event could just be "noise" and mean nothing.

• Hello,

The product does internal checks before showing the ON flag in the interface, that being said the module is working.

For the issue with the ATD itself not turning back on we are currently working on a fix and will be delivered via automatic updates as per usual.

Thank you all for your patience and your feedback.

• macracus
    edited September 2017

Having done the atc.xml replacement I am still having issues with the ATD. The bitdefender engine is 22.0.10.141.

• 1 hour ago, macracus said:

Having done the atc.xml replacement I am still having issues with the ATD. The bitdefender engine is 22.0.10.141.

Did you add the file to the two different file locations? Did you try editing the files with the replacement code I posted?

• On 25/07/2017 at 2:27 PM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Please ensure that you are running build 22.0.8.118

Should the issue persist even with the above build please reboot the machine in Safe Mode.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2129/

Once there put the attached file in this location C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\settings\LGKC

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=16644" data-fileid="16644" rel="">atc.xml

Hello,

Solved for me,

My version 22.0.10.141

• On 25/7/2017 at 2:27 PM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Please ensure that you are running build 22.0.8.118

Should the issue persist even with the above build please reboot the machine in Safe Mode.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2129/

Once there put the attached file in this location C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\settings\LGKC

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=16644" data-fileid="16644" rel="">atc.xml

Great. Perfect for me.

Thank you

• The solution given above didn't work for me. The problem still exists...

• Running build v22.0.10.141 and I first tried Martin69s atc.xml swap per his thread - no dice. I then created an account to D/L the attached file from Soren G. earlier in the thread. All changes were followed to the letter in Safe Mode (I'm currently employed 20+ years in IT help desk), but I still have an error with Bitdefender 2018 reporting I am at risk. I picked a helluva time to purchase my yearly A/V subscription :(

• Installed Bitdefender on a second machine running the same OS as the first - Win7 64, and it is running as of this morning with no 'at risk' warnings popping up. I'm almost tempted to copy files/folders from that install to my main box, but I'm holding off for now in hopes that support can fix it before I try that.

• 3 hours ago, WalkinTarget said:

Installed Bitdefender on a second machine running the same OS as the first - Win7 64, and it is running as of this morning with no 'at risk' warnings popping up. I'm almost tempted to copy files/folders from that install to my main box, but I'm holding off for now in hopes that support can fix it before I try that.

I wouldn't hold my breath as the issue has been reported back in mid July and still have not heard anything from them.

I would copy at minimum the atc.xml files located in the two different locations on the working system and try pasting them into the appropriate folder in the non working system.

• This feature (Advanced Threat Defense) doesn't want to activate again (on Windows 7), no matter what I do. Hey, developers, how about you will finally fix it? Because no matter what I do - NOTHING helps. Even multiple re-installations.

I've used contact support feature and hope for some positive answer.

• Hmm... After 4th try (re-installation + using atc.xml provided by the devs) it worked.

• On 9/19/2017 at 10:46 PM, Tmod700 said:

I wouldn't hold my breath as the issue has been reported back in mid July and still have not heard anything from them.

I would copy at minimum the atc.xml files located in the two different locations on the working system and try pasting them into the appropriate folder in the non working system.

Wow, so I decided I might as well give this a try, and I was quite confused at the results. There is no folder structure on the working Win7 PC that matches the subfolder structure on the non-working PC !! I took a screenshot of both for reference:

Working -  https://1drv.ms/i/s!AvOnOWku2Z3vhaleY4Q_ge46KhSMZw

Non-working - https://1drv.ms/i/s!AvOnOWku2Z3vhalf9bqgKNY7tYKUNg

*I can't attach a jpg file becaaaaaause it's not an allowed attachment - it must be one of a number of extension, ones like, err,...  jpg. :(  I assume I don't have enough posts to attach a jpg file. See shared links links instead.

Note that on the top link, the folders seem to indicate that it is a Bitdefender 2017 install. I was running 2017 on both, and upgraded both to 2018 as an in-place upgrade, not a full uninstall/upgrade. But it clearly is NOT a 2017 product, as my splash screen home page clearly indicates it is 2018. Whaaaaat ??

Now look at the directory structure for link #2 (sorry for it being washed out. This room is extremely dark and no camera filters would clean it up). It shows the proper subfolders and structure to locate the atc.xml files, and it is completely different than the first Bitdefender 2017, but it also correctly identifies my product as BD 2018. I am now even more confused, as what should have been a simple copy 'n pasta of the atc.xml from the working PC into the two locations on the non-working PC has now turned into something a bit more mysterious.

• 5 hours ago, WalkinTarget said:

Wow, so I decided I might as well give this a try, and I was quite confused at the results. There is no folder structure on the working Win7 PC that matches the subfolder structure on the non-working PC !! I took a screenshot of both for reference:

Working -  https://1drv.ms/i/s!AvOnOWku2Z3vhaleY4Q_ge46KhSMZw

Non-working - https://1drv.ms/i/s!AvOnOWku2Z3vhalf9bqgKNY7tYKUNg

*I can't attach a jpg file becaaaaaause it's not an allowed attachment - it must be one of a number of extension, ones like, err,...  jpg. :(  I assume I don't have enough posts to attach a jpg file. See shared links links instead.

Note that on the top link, the folders seem to indicate that it is a Bitdefender 2017 install. I was running 2017 on both, and upgraded both to 2018 as an in-place upgrade, not a full uninstall/upgrade. But it clearly is NOT a 2017 product, as my splash screen home page clearly indicates it is 2018. Whaaaaat ??

Now look at the directory structure for link #2 (sorry for it being washed out. This room is extremely dark and no camera filters would clean it up). It shows the proper subfolders and structure to locate the atc.xml files, and it is completely different than the first Bitdefender 2017, but it also correctly identifies my product as BD 2018. I am now even more confused, as what should have been a simple copy 'n pasta of the atc.xml from the working PC into the two locations on the non-working PC has now turned into something a bit more mysterious.

Yep you would be correct in your first statement as it seems when BD TS 2018 updates itself it does so without uninstalling TS 2017 and leaves the folder structure intact. When I updated BD TS 2018 it removed TS 2017 before the install and that is when things took a turn for the worse. If you let BD TS 2017 update itself then it leaves the folder structure intact and you end up with your working link.

You running the update leads you to your non working link, Make any sense yet? Of course not as BD took something that could have been simple and had to complicate it to make it sound as though there are more features.

Ok in your non-working system or folder structure or whatever you want to call it there is a atc.xml in two different folders (1) Program Files > Bitdefender > Bitdefender Security > settings > atc.xml (2) Program Files > Bitdefender > Bitdefender Security > settings > LGKC > atc.xml.

Now the issue is these two files should be the same but chances are they are not, The remedy that worked for me was to edit the one that has the larger content in it which was (1) for me and at the end of it you will see </atc>, Now copy and paste the following code before the </atc> at the end of the file so it will look like this. Don't recopy the </atc> at the end as that is already there. Just copy and paste the <enabled>1</enabled> , <gemma>1</gemma>. Once you edit the file copy it to the other folder that has the other copy of atc.xml. Good now they match.

<enabled>1</enabled>

<gemma>1</gemma>

</atc>

This all has to be done in safe mode and if you don't know how to boot safe mode click on your start button > run > type in msconfig > select the second tab the boot tab > > click the safe boot box so it has a tick in it, then check the minimal radio button and apply, It should then tell you to reboot and when you do that it will boot into safe mode. When you are done just go back into msconfig and uncheck that box and it will boot normal. 

• Tmod700, I already tried the two attached atc.xml files included in this thread, manually copying both while in safe mode into both of the proper folders. No change with either xml fille in place. I did copy it into BOTH locations, assuming the LGKC was the 'backup' (Last Good Known Config) of that settings file.

When it initially reported 'at risk', I then tried a full uninstall and reinstall of the product, and as you explained, that is why my folder structure is different. I fully agree with you - seems to be more of a way of complicating the upgrade. I've exhausted any recommended fixes in regarding to that .XML file in this thread, unless I really want to get daring and manually copy the working folders ove to the non-working PC. I'm worried that the registry links will then be incorrect, so I'd only try that as a last resort.

• 1 hour ago, WalkinTarget said:

Tmod700, I already tried the two attached atc.xml files included in this thread, manually copying both while in safe mode into both of the proper folders. No change with either xml fille in place. I did copy it into BOTH locations, assuming the LGKC was the 'backup' (Last Good Known Config) of that settings file.

When it initially reported 'at risk', I then tried a full uninstall and reinstall of the product, and as you explained, that is why my folder structure is different. I fully agree with you - seems to be more of a way of complicating the upgrade. I've exhausted any recommended fixes in regarding to that .XML file in this thread, unless I really want to get daring and manually copy the working folders ove to the non-working PC. I'm worried that the registry links will then be incorrect, so I'd only try that as a last resort.

Ok let's take your thought pattern for a minute and if you used the two .xml files located here on this thread how would that be any different then using the files from the other system? I didn't suggest using the .xml files from this thread as the folders that those files are keyed to and numbered already reside on your non-working system. That is why I recommended editing the ones you have not using the attached files here. The files attached here did not work for me and neither did Martin's fix but editing my existing files did work and then from that point forward I was able to disable and enable ATD at will.

If you want send me a copy of both .xml files after you reinstall as I need the ones it actually installs as you used the files from here and I will edit them and see which one to use and send the modified one back to you and replace both locations with the one I changed, Worth a try as I am not charging anything.

• For the two atc.xml files you need to edit the ones on your system to be similar to the ones posted in the forum i.e. contain all the same keys although some values will be different. The xml files contain version numbered directory names, and those directory names have to match the directories that actually exist on your system. So I doubt you can just use the forum xml files directory.

• Tried using xml provided on this forum and the file copy from settings directory into LGKC both failed cant turn on ATD. waiting for a fix.

• 4 hours ago, elmorules said:

Tried using xml provided on this forum and the file copy from settings directory into LGKC both failed cant turn on ATD. waiting for a fix.

Can you verify that the two files you have both have the exact same content and they have the following at the end of the text?

<enabled>1</enabled>

<gemma>1</gemma>

</atc>

• Hi Tmod -This is whats in both exactly the same !

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<atc>

<signatures>C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\ATC\ATC_00171_010\</signatures>

<feedback>C:\ProgramData\Atc\Feedback</feedback>

<oemid>2e8cd6f3-edf6-1113-8054-eb8c464abd49</oemid>

<gemmasig>C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\active virus control\Avc3_00154_002\</gemmasig>

<gemmaexc>C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\active virus control\Avc3Ex_01999_009\</gemmaexc>

<enabled>0</enabled>

<gemma>0</gemma>

</atc>

• 4 hours ago, elmorules said:

Hi Tmod -This is whats in both exactly the same !

<atc>

<signatures>C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\ATC\ATC_00171_010\</signatures>

<gemmasig>C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\active virus control\Avc3_00154_002\</gemmasig>

<gemmaexc>C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\active virus control\Avc3Ex_01999_009\</gemmaexc>

<enabled>0</enabled>

<gemma>0</gemma>

</atc>

Ok you are missing the enable toggle on enabled and gemma at the end, It should look like this.

<atc>

<enabled>1</enabled>

<gemma>1</gemma>

</atc>

So copy and paste that code while in safe mode into the two files and it should enable ATD.

• On 9/14/2017 at 0:26 PM, macracus said:

I made the changes in both xml files, rebooted but no change. What's interesting is that in the folder LGKC the atc file contents remain unchanged with: 

<enabled>1</enabled>
    <gemma>1</gemma>
    </atc>

while the atc in settings changed back to:

<enabled>0</enabled>
    <gemma>0</gemma>
    </atc>

• Yes Thanks for help Tmod700 got exactly the same as macracus changed in LGKC but not in the settings folder tried twice in safe mode.

• Tmod700
    edited September 2017

35 minutes ago, elmorules said:

Yes Thanks for help Tmod700 got exactly the same as macracus changed in LGKC but not in the settings folder tried twice in safe mode.

elmorules,

Sorry can't say we didn't give it a shot, My personal resolution as BD seems to busy to actually give us any resolution since mid July so I have moved on to Kaspersky. Shame to as I had been using BD TS many years and boy did they drop the ball on the release of TS 2018. IMO what they should do is just bring back TS 2017 and give us a year free to keep us as customers and that would give them time to rewrite the code for TS 2018.

• DaHero
    edited October 2017

i want compensation for the days my sub ran out while ATD is bugged...i had 90 days in begaining of the bug... now i have 10... i want my 90 days back

Mods Thx in adnvance ;)

• FantoMax
    FantoMax
    edited October 2017

This evening I updated BIS2018 (build 22.0.12.161) and now also on the third computer the ATC is turned on.

Also the ATC driver problem on startup is disappeared....

Thank you.

• Hello,

As /index.php?/profile/206046-fantomax/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="206046" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/206046-fantomax/" style="" rel="">@FantoMax mentioned the latest build 22.0.12.161 fixes the issue reported in the thread.

Please update your product if it hasn't done so already, note that the update requires a reboot to take effect.

• 2 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

As /index.php?/profile/206046-fantomax/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="206046" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/206046-fantomax/" rel="">@FantoMax mentioned the latest build 22.0.12.161 fixes the issue reported in the thread.

Please update your product if it hasn't done so already, note that the update requires a reboot to take effect.

Thank you VERY much ! Finally got ATC to work, but I did have to manually turn it on after two reboots, but ... at least it is fully functional now.

• macracus
    edited October 2017

Finally! It works!, but after reboot had to manually enable it. Thanks to all for your time and assistance...truly appreciated your efforts.

But maybe I was premature :(...cannot get laptop to boot up now. After rebooting BIS was updating and system froze. Had to do a hard reset and each time screen remained dark  - only arrow on screen. Now it seems that I have to downgrade to 2017 which was working perfectly before upgrade to 2018. Despite attempting to reboot to the last good known configuration I am stuck with a dark screen and a cursor.

OK, had to uninstall 2018 and laptop fully booted. Now I got a free upgrade to 2018 and fell into trouble. Anyway I can  remain with 17 and NOT upgrade to 18 automatically? More than likely will go right back to my troubles if that happens.

Regrettably, I cannot install BIS 2017 as it downloads files and installs the 2018 version and I go right back to my black screen and cursor. There goes my remaining days for this wonderful product!!!!!!! (more than 200). It seems that I now have to use another antivirus. (woe is me)

• Hello,

/index.php?/profile/211384-macracus/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="211384" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/211384-macracus/" style="" rel="">@macracus I would strongly suggest you check your system's integrity and use the Bitdefender removal tool to clean all leftover files and install Bitdefender 2018 directly.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Should the issue persist please contact our support team via bitsy@bitdefender.com with the logs from the Bitdefender Support tool.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

• I managed to get it to work before update. I downloaded the Bitdefender removal tool and made sure there was no Bitdefender files what so ever on my c drive so that I was installing 2018 from scratch not 2018 upgrade from 2017 I had.

Worked finally I can also confirm the new update works too,

thanks to bitdefender team for fixing this issue in a short period.

• Folks,

Since I have stated earlier in the thread that this wasn't working for me either I thought I'd add my voice to those reporting that it is indeed working now.

Cheers, Steve

• macracus
    edited October 2017

On 10/5/2017 at 4:35 AM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

/index.php?/profile/211384-macracus/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="211384" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/211384-macracus/" rel="">@macracus I would strongly suggest you check your system's integrity and use the Bitdefender removal tool to clean all leftover files and install Bitdefender 2018 directly.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Should the issue persist please contact our support team via bitsy@bitdefender.com with the logs from the Bitdefender Support tool.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Steve, did a full integrity check also ran Tweaking windows to verify integrity and correct any discrepancies...BTS2018 still does not work. Generated file using support tool as suggested (was 30MB) and sent to bitsy@bitdefender. Waiting patiently.....thanks. In the interim will resort to the free version :( till this is resolved.

• The xml file copied and pasted worked fine in my windows 10 laptop. This is home version of win 10 and the file structure is different than I have been reading. I used program files/bitdefender/bitdefender device management/settings/LGKC. Worked right away after stuffing the file, turning off safe mode and re-booting.

• /index.php?/profile/201429-sorin-g/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="201429" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/201429-sorin-g/" rel="">@Sorin G. I wiped my laptop and reinstalled BTS 2018. Everything now works flawlessly. Seems to be something on my HD which was the source of my troubles. Thank you all for your support and suggestions

• On 10/16/2017 at 10:04 PM, paschal920 said:

The xml file copied and pasted worked fine in my windows 10 laptop. This is home version of win 10 and the file structure is different than I have been reading. I used program files/bitdefender/bitdefender device management/settings/LGKC. Worked right away after stuffing the file, turning off safe mode and re-booting.

Okay, I have this same problem all of a sudden after uninstalling and reinstalling BD. It was working fine a couple of days ago. Build 22.0.12.161 under Win10 Home.

So I'm hesitant to stuff the atc.xml file as I copied it above from Tmod700 because my system does not have the folder structure shown in the XML (just as an example, there is no \ATC\ATC_00171_010\ folder). And what about the <oemid> and <gemmaoemid> key values? Do they need to match keys on my system?

So I would like someone to confirm that it's okay to stuff the XML file even with those folders and keys.

Thanks!

• On 10/23/2017 at 9:00 PM, vknowles said:

Okay, I have this same problem all of a sudden after uninstalling and reinstalling BD. It was working fine a couple of days ago. Build 22.0.12.161 under Win10 Home.

So I'm hesitant to stuff the atc.xml file as I copied it above from Tmod700 because my system does not have the folder structure shown in the XML (just as an example, there is no \ATC\ATC_00171_010\ folder). And what about the <oemid> and <gemmaoemid> key values? Do they need to match keys on my system?

So I would like someone to confirm that it's okay to stuff the XML file even with those folders and keys.

Thanks!

I finally gave up on this and decided to try the uninstall/repair option described here, except that in the 2018 version is says "Reinstall" rather than "repair."

Now ATD is enabled, and it even fixed my other problem (Search Advisor not working).