Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Archeage

Options

Hi,

I play a game called Archeage and it creates some temporary files in the documents folder.  I cannot change this behaviour and hence need a way to add the game to the ignore list.  But even after I add it to the exclude list I am not able to run the game properly.  Is there any way I can turn off the ransomware protection and still maintain my Bitdefender status as protected i.e. all green.

archeage.png

Comments

• suditu
    Options

Well your exclusions are for other component...Active threat defense...not ransomwere

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

sudito:

From what I can tell, the settings for Active Threat Defense apply to both ATD and Ransomware Protection.  I did not see a way to whitelist apps for just the Ransomware Module.

Perhaps I am missing something ... ?

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• suditu
    suditu ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

No they are separate....in the safe files component -> aplication access.

PS:Try adding the exclusion there also.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

/index.php?/profile/123065-suditu/" data-ipshover-target="https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/profile/123065-suditu/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="123065" rel="">@suditu

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  Indeed, I do have some programs listed there.  It is kind of odd that you can't do that from within the Ransomware Protection module itself.

Always learning.  Thank you again.  Have a great weekend, and sorry for spelling your name incorrectly in my previous post. :(

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• suditu
    Options

I'm glad that I could help.

Come back anytime if problems arise.Also remember there is a user guide built in ,help and support section I think.

Any way,

Have a nice day and don't worry about name spelling it happens to us all.

• lonewolfs
    Options

Yep this issue is resolved.

Thanks guys.