Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

vpn network adapter missing and cannot access network share

Options

Hi,

I cannot access my network share when I use anyconnect vpn or other products for vpn ( as Checkpoint Secure Client for example ) IF my bitdefender firewall is enable.

If I disable it everything runs smooth.

I cannot add an exception because the adapter list doesn't show anything related to the vpn ( but it show my LAN,wifi and also vmware's adapter )

This behaviour is randomic

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Some VPN adapters activate themselves when their application is active and calls for them.

Ensure that your application is running and then try to access the Bitdefender Firewall.

Also check the Bitdefender > View Features > Firewall > Settings > Edit default rules and set the adapter to Allow

• hi ,this is not the point ; bd2018 cannot see these adapter BEFORE activating and also AFTER activating the tunnel.

i'm connected to the vpn right now but it cannot see the adapter.

before you ask..i've already repaired my installation but nothing changes.

• please solve this problem..from what I can see it occurs on Bd2017 too.

• dbrisendine
    Options

My BDTS2018 has no problems connecting to VPNs (via openvpn drivers).  Just to help with additional information, what does your WiFi Security Advisor show as your network type (Home or Public)?  If you are using a wired connection, what is that set to?

Mine is set to Home and is a WiFi connection via a modem that only has NAT function level firewall.

• hi is definitely not a connection issue or a nic issue.

I have it from my office ,both wired and wifi connection,and also with my mobile connection or my home connection.

I can understand that you don't have problem with openvpn, but I need to use Cisco Anyconnect ,Checkpoint SecureClient and FortiClient ( fortinet ) ,and with all of these I have the problem written above.

• bitdefender forget the behaviour of a NIC eachtime is disabled.

if I connect with Checkpoint Secure Connect the virtual NIC is up, if I configure BD it works smooth until the vpn connection drops (or it's ended ).

the same with any other vpn client that bring up the vNIC when connected

PLEASE solve this problem.