Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

IS 2018 Firewall: network share access problem

Options

Hi all,

I'm using Internet Security 2018 (build 22.0.12.161) on windows 10 1703 and I cannot access any network shares  when bitdefender firewall is on. I made sure that the LAN adapter I use is set to Home/Office, and I tried adding a network exception, but when I ping the host I see it's IP is changing every few seconds (the last 2 numbers are changing).

So I'd like to ask if it's possible to add an IP range to the firewall network exceptions; otherwise is there a text file where the firewall rules are saved, so I could add the IP's with a ****** ?

Finally, I've seen in another article (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2397/) that the firewall settings should have an 'Allow access to domain network' option which I suppose I should enable, however my settings panel does not show this option at all. Any idea why ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help !

Comments

• Just in case this is your problem too, I have trouble accessing some of the settings tabs when I open Bitdefender from the tray icon because my day-to-day user does not have administrator rights but if I run Bitdefender as Admin then I can get at the Settings tab under the Firewall options:

image.png.45dc752e0f42277ec101965d443514d1.png

• 14 hours ago, Steve Pitts said:

Just in case this is your problem too, I have trouble accessing some of the settings tabs when I open Bitdefender from the tray icon because my day-to-day user does not have administrator rights but if I run Bitdefender as Admin then I can get at the Settings tab under the Firewall options:

Thanks for your answer. I have admin rights on my computer, still some of the settings are not shown. I just reinstalled IS2018 (also ran the installer with administrator rights), but the problem persists, no access to network shares while firewall is on, and the settings are still missing the option I need:Capture.PNG.2704889653f8069a21655b3a5a45bf8d.PNG

When you mention running Bitdefender as admin, is it just logging in as an admin, or did you change something so it automatically runs the equivalent of right click->run as administrator ?

• i have the same problem

I have to disable the firewall each time.

i'll drop bitdefender product soon ..

• If your system is not joined to a domain then you are not going to see that option.

• 15 hours ago, Steve Pitts said:

If your system is not joined to a domain then you are not going to see that option.

Turns out I also can't join a domain at my university, so I'm stuck. I'll just contact the BD support, there was no problem when I had IS2017 so there has to be a way to make it work in IS2018.