Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall paranoid mode bug: unending constant notifications 'Application X has changed'

Options

If BitDefender Total Security 2018 is set so that Autopilot is off and Paranoid mode is on, and then an application updates itself, BitDefender shows repeated notifications for 'Application X has changed and is attempting to connect to the internet'. This is very annoying. For Chrome in particular the notifications just don't ever seem to stop, and rebooting is the only way to stop it.

The expected behaviour as is in other AV products is that you'll get a single notification that an app has changed and if you want to allow it to connect, and then it won't prompt you again.

Also I tried to use the 'Email us' support page on your website but after clicking Submit it just sits there with 3 blinking red lights and doesn't continue even after several minutes.

BD Version: 22.0.17.209

Clipboard01 (2).png

Comments

• This issue is still happening and happens to various programs after they have been updated - even processes with single threads like Nvidia GeForce Experience.

As soon as you've clicked either Allow or Deny on a message, another prompt will show up immediately afterwards. If you try to dismiss it another way, another one will just come up again!

Turning the computer off and on again is not a viable solution when you consider that other AV products such as ESET and Kaspersky don't behave like this! If this isn't fixed then I won't be buying BitDefender again...

And going into Autopilot mode/disabling this setting is not an option because it is not safe! BitDefender is not great at knowing what to and what not to block in the firewall so this is why I've activated the manual control. 

• ozziebear
    Options

Hi...Try sending an email to support at    bitsy@bitdefender.com    and see if you have better luck.