Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR starting with BDAV Update to 1.0.11.5

Options

The Update to 1.11.0.5 required a reboot. Starting from this, BDAV prevents loading of many https:// websites using Chrome, latest stable, and an up-to-date Windows 7.64.

Yes, I am talking of regular, legit an "clean" sites, such as banking sites for example. 

When disabling BDAV the affected sites load regularly.

Maybe related to 

/index.php?/topic/77857-bitdefender-starts-blocking-some-legitimate-secure-websites/&do=embed" style="height:205px;max-width:502px;">

Comments

• bce
    Options

Same problem, started with 1.0.11.5. I spoke with support this morning, and they told me to reinstall. I did, and am still having the same problem. Disabling BD fixes it.

• I have this issue as well across many sites. Youtube and other web/news videos won't play either until i disable BD.

Mozilla Firefox ESR 52.6.0 64bit

Windows 7 Ent 64bit

• I have the same problem. Hope this will be fixed very soon...

• Same here, even sites like youtube don't work.

• jsrockford
    edited February 2018
    Options

Can confirm. Random SSL sites blocked in both Chrome & Edge with ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Turn off BitDefender and they load.  I've moved many of my clients from Kaspersky to BitDefender, both free and paid versions. This nonsense needs to stop or I'll be searching for new product.

• Same problem here.  Mainly banking & business sites in my case. Multiple uninstall/reinstalls.  All seems well after reinstalls, until a reboot.  Then back to ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR for said sites.  Temporarily (?) (hopefully they get this fixed) running Microsoft Security Essentials.

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1,

Google Chrome,Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) (64-bit)

BitDefender AV free edition 1.0.11.5

Last update time:  2/18/2018, 00:27:52

Engine version:  7.75011

• Rampant
    Options
    /index.php?/topic/78324-web-protection/&do=embed" style="height:305px;max-width:502px;">

They had a problem when the antivirus did not scan protected sites, probably they did not manage to fix it))

• Hello @all

Same problem, i can confirm this recent coming error: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR on many website even safe certified as banking.

My computer is running windows 7 pro 64 bits.

Bitdefender: Antivirus Free Edition 1.0.11.5

Engine Version: 7.75012

Any help will be appreciated

• Same problem here, for 2 days now.  Running Win7 with FF 56.0.2.

Strangely, my BitDefender Free stopped updating itself.  Last update was on 2/16 morning (when I look at the Events tab), but the Protection tab doesn't even show it...

BDAVF_info.png

• BugmanMick
    edited February 2018
    Options

8 hours ago, BugmanMick said:

Same problem here.  Mainly banking & business sites in my case. Multiple uninstall/reinstalls.  All seems well after reinstalls, until a reboot.  Then back to ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR for said sites.  Temporarily (?) (hopefully they get this fixed) running Microsoft Security Essentials.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP1,

Google Chrome,Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) (64-bit)

BitDefender AV free edition 1.0.11.5

Last update time:  2/18/2018, 00:27:52

Engine version:  7.75011

Uninstalled MSE. Started having same SSL Protocol Error. Truthfully, I had not uninstalled BD, just turned Protection Shield off, so don't know if it was residual BD running somehow or not. Uninstalled BD, reinstalled BD. Installed version: 1.0.10.12 , Engine vers: 7.74732 from website.  All running well.  Did receive Update which required reboot to finish installation.  Did not reboot.  Engine versions continued to update throughout the night. Went from 7.74732 (downloaded with app installation), to 7.75012 to 7.75013 to 7.75014. Last update time:  2/18/2018, 0217:37, Engine version 7.75015.  Yes, still saying "System reboot required for the update to be finalized".  Will try to hold off reboot as long as possible.  Probably use Hibernate for a while until absolutely necessary. 

• I too am having the same problem , seems since the last update.  Using Chrome, Win 7 and the Free version.  I can plunk a URL for an affected site into Exclusions and it works.  Tried the same for Youtube and it didn't work.  Searching the web I also tried a suggestion and disabled QUIC protocol in Google Chrome. No help. BTW IE11 works fine.  On Youtube it just hangs here.

5a89aef1ed93f_BDnoyoutube.JPG.59d16e8be7dd501259aca37e1d31f410.JPG

• 5 hours ago, BugmanMick said:

Uninstalled MSE. Started having same SSL Protocol Error. Truthfully, I had not uninstalled BD, just turned Protection Shield off, so don't know if it was residual BD running somehow or not. Uninstalled BD, reinstalled BD. Installed version: 1.0.10.12 , Engine vers: 7.74732 from website.  All running well.  Did receive Update which required reboot to finish installation.  Did not reboot.  Engine versions continued to update throughout the night. Went from 7.74732 (downloaded with app installation), to 7.75012 to 7.75013 to 7.75014. Last update time:  2/18/2018, 0217:37, Engine version 7.75015.  Yes, still saying "System reboot required for the update to be finalized".  Will try to hold off reboot as long as possible.  Probably use Hibernate for a while until absolutely necessary. 

OK, couldn't wait any longer.  Bit the bullet and did a reboot.  It updated  BDAV to 1.0.11.5 again.  Had the same SSL Protocol Errors.  Added a bunch of domains to the URL exclusion list.  Appears to be a work around for most sites.  What a PIA!  Still doesn't help with YouTube videos.  Looking forward to a real, permanent fix.

• Windows 7 Pro SP1

Chrome 64.0.3282.168 64-bit

BD AV Free 1.0.11.5

Update Time 02/18/2018 12:52:42

Engine 7.75019

At least for me, right now YouTube is working, but Twitch.tv, CrunchyRoll.com still do not work for me: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR .  I am still testing other sites that might be 'broken'.

• Strangely for me, youtube videos still play via Chrome, but don't play via Firefox, which is my default browser.

And I am still not getting any updates.  Last update was on 2/16 at 11:11.  And it's still not showing which Engine version I have.  Frustrating.

• FWIW I have been having problems watching YouTube vids in HD, always getting interruptions/hesitations for a while   Tried everything, closing all tabs etc. to no avail.  I was blaming my old computer.  Having to watch things in 480p is a drag.  With the current BD problems I'm now running with protection off.  I can now watch vids in 720p/60fps perfectly with no problems while having 6 tabs open.  Even the 1080p play, but with a rare occasional hiccup. 

Just saying.

• I just might have to drop BD AV Free, and use Panda AV Free .. just so I can view/use the websites I visit most.

• 10 hours ago, Joshatdot said:

I just might have to drop BD AV Free, and use Panda AV Free .. just so I can view/use the websites I visit most.

Sounds like a good idea since I'm still experiencing the issue at hand and no response from BD.  I actually switched from Panda AV free to BD AV free a couple of years ago.  Wasn't having any problems with Panda at the time.  BD had slightly better reviews and fewer false positives in reviews.  Might be time to check around and seek new AV again if BD doesn't react/respond soon.

• BugmanMick
    edited February 2018
    Options

Found another workaround for Youtube on a similar thread on this site, "Bitdefender Free blocking youtube videos?".  Chrome extension - UltraSurf.  Can now watch Youtube videos.  Down side - when trying to access BitDefender Forum site, it say's "Banned You do not have permission to view this site." Turning off UltraSurf restores access to BitDefender Forum. WTF?  Have not had a chance to check out other formally blocked sites.

• If I recall correctly I didn't have any problems with the previous version of BD free, but they kept hounding me with messages to update to this latest, supposedly better, less memory version. FWIW getting BD completely off your rig is no easy task.

• 1 hour ago, C Kay said:

If I recall correctly I didn't have any problems with the previous version of BD free, but they kept hounding me with messages to update to this latest, supposedly better, less memory version. FWIW getting BD completely off your rig is no easy task.

Iam gona try reboot in Safe Mode, and uninstall BD AV Free.

• BD AV Free uninstalled just fine in Normal.  I rebooted in Safe Mode afterwards to cleanup any leftover files/folders.  Rebooted in Normal, and installed Panda Free AV .. all affected sites work/load properly.

• 45 minutes ago, Joshatdot said:

BD AV Free uninstalled just fine in Normal.  I rebooted in Safe Mode afterwards to cleanup any leftover files/folders.  Rebooted in Normal, and installed Panda Free AV .. all affected sites work/load properly.

I might have to try that also. I've moved several of my clients to BD from Kaspersky and many of them to the paid version but have started getting calls about this...

Pity, it seemed a good AV.

• As of today fixed, 2-20 update.  Left Youtube in Exclusions (what the heck), and Youtube is working properly.

• Well, mine still refuses to update itself.  Last update was on 2/16.  Don't know how to force it to update itself.  Rebooting the machine does not help.  I guess I may have to reinstall it.  :(

• I have just received the update to version 1.0.11.7 which seems to have resolved the SSL-issue.

• 45 minutes ago, C Kay said:

As of today fixed, 2-20 update.  Left Youtube in Exclusions (what the heck), and Youtube is working properly.

Can anyone else confirm it is fixed?  As of this morning, mine was still blocking sites unless I moved it to URL Exclusions.  Have since uninstalled BD AV and gone back to  Panda Free AV.  So far no issues with Panda other than a couple of false positives during initial scan.

• 46 minutes ago, BugmanMick said:

Can anyone else confirm it is fixed?  As of this morning, mine was still blocking sites unless I moved it to URL Exclusions.  Have since uninstalled BD AV and gone back to  Panda Free AV.  So far no issues with Panda other than a couple of false positives during initial scan.

Yep, fixed here too with .7  update. No reboot required. Not impressed with the delay and radio silence from BD though. 

• Well I think to do it right and fully test it takes a  while.  It also seems to have corrected my YouTube interruption issues.  I'm pleased.

• 36 minutes ago, C Kay said:

Well I think to do it right and fully test it takes a  while.  It also seems to have corrected my YouTube interruption issues.  I'm pleased.

I would argue that you fully test any release to do it right

• The problem seems to be solved in version 1.0.11.7.

• 8 hours ago, BugmanMick said:

Have removed Panda, reinstalled BD. 1.0.10.12.  Waited for the next regular update, usually about once an hour, I've noticed. Had to do the reboot thing. BD update successfully installed to 1.0.11.7.  Tested on multiple previous issue sites. No noticed issues so far. Crossing my fingers this is the last reinstall I have to do, at least for a while.