Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New Canon Printer doesn’t work with BD Free enabled!

Options

I am using an Asus K55VD Laptop running Windows 10 Home 1709. Along with BD Free, I am also using Malwarebytes Premium.

My Canon Pixma MX925 which was connected using Wired LAN had been working totally fine for both printing and scanning with BD Free (BD Free was installed about a year after installing the Printer), however the printer failed with a print head error, and hence I bought a new printer.

I have been having problems right from the outset with BD Free and the new printer I purchased, which was a Canon Pixma TS6000 series, the actual model number being TS6051, which uses a Wireless LAN interface.

When using the TS6000 series installation disc, I kept getting “Information Acquisition Error. Failed to acquire information on the driver and software. Check the network connection and try again.”. I first tried disabling Malwarebytes - same problem, then I re-enabled Malwarebytes and disabled BD Free - Installation worked!

Everything worked, printing/scanning etc, until I remembered that I hadn’t re-enabled BD Free.

After re-enabling BD Free, Printing/Scanning no longer works, no errors appear, but print jobs, although being displayed as printing in the Print Spooler, never print. Scanning and getting printer status, no longer works either.

I have noticed other recent posts on this forum regarding problems with Canon printers, none seem to have been solved.

Is there any solution to this problem, or is this a problem with BD Free? The fact that BD Free was causing problems immediately with the installation disc doesn’t bode well!