MS Windows 10 Store Unable To Install Apps

I just got a new computer. Prior to installing Bitdefender, I was able to install apps/extensions from the Microsoft Store. After installing Bitdefender, I am unable to install apps/extensions. I have spent hours trying to troubleshoot the MS Store and then trying to configure the "easy" to use Bitdefender (/sarcasm) to allow the Store to install apps/extensions.

This is the second computer I have Bitdefender installed on. I don't remember what I did in Bitdefender to allow apps/extensions from the MS Store to be installed just fine on my old computer, but somehow Bitdefender is blocking MS Store on the new system.

According to Bitdefender, winstore.app.exe is set up for being allowed for everything. When I click on "Get" in the MS Store, it says "Working." and pops me back to the app main page with "Get" again showing.

How do I really temporarily disable everything on Bitdefender for about 5 minutes (besides uninstalling the entire program)? Yes, I've used the "Disable Shield" anti-virus,  turned off Firewall, Advanced Threat Defense, Antispam, Vulnerability, Safe Files, and Auto Pilot settings with no success. I've updated Bitdefender and confirmed that MS Windows is fully up to date and rebooted.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is not the first time I've had an issue with Bitdefender being more trouble than its worth. Apologies, but my frustration with Bitdefender is now on its fourth day. I'm supposed to be enjoying my new computer, not fighting with a software program.

Comments

• After rebooting and doing the following: "Disable Shield" anti-virus,  turn off Firewall, Advanced Threat Defense, Antispam, Vulnerability, Safe Files, and Auto Pilot settings and then re-installing some files for the MS Store, I now seem to be able to install apps and extensions again. Microsoft recommended that I will need to have Bitdefender disabled if I want to install anything further from the MS Store. Microsoft Tech Support logged the issue that I had with Bitdefender enabled.

• Hi,

Can you check what happens if you turn Bitdefender back on? Does the same issue occur? 

• Yes, the same issue happened with the Microsoft Store when I re-enabled all the sections of Bitdefender. For now, I have disabled RTP (which defeats the purpose of even having Bitdefender in the first place), but everything is now working (due to Bitdfender RTP being disabled)