Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2018 web search advisor is not working with Google Chrome and Microsoft E

arpanbiswas97
edited July 2018 in Tools

Previously Search Advisor used to work fine. I used to use Firefox and after I recently moved to Chrome, I noticed that it's not working anymore. It used to work in Microsoft Edge as well but now it works in neither Edge nor Chrome. Is it caused by uninstalling Firefox and installing Chrome for some reason? How do I fix it? I have tried turning Search Advisor off and then back on but that didn't help.

Edit: After trying turning off Search Advisor and turning it back on once more, Search Advisor is working in Microsoft Edge but it is still not working in the latest version of Google Chrome.

Comments

• Hi!

For Chrome, can you check if this feature is enabled? (and disable it if it is ):

- open Chrome

- in the URL address bar type chrome://flags/and press Enter

- search for Quic protocol and disable it

- restart Chrome

• Thank you very much for your help. Quic protocol was enabled by default in Chrome (67-stable). After i disabled it, the search advisor is working again.

I am wondering now that since Quic protocol is enabled by default in the latest version of Chrome, many people are gonna face the exact same issue.