"Cannot copy installer"

That says it. I did an 8.1 refresh and now BD Free won't install. It spits out the above error. Uninstal tool from the website has a red X next to Executing additional tools.

I have tried everything; downloaded BD several times, uninstaller multiple times, turned off W Defender and Fire wall...no happy ending. It seems if I never touch BD it works fine but as soon as I go near it, I have issues. I guess I'll take another break from it unless someone cal give me a fix.

Nothing here helped;    https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-fix-"bitdefender-installation-has-failed"-or-"fatal-error-during-installation"-1086.html

Comments

• Impressive!

Within about 12-15 hours of posting this, I received an email from (Daniela) Technical Support Engineer with download links to uninstall and clean install tools. They appeared no different than what I had previously been trying but it worked. Up and running again.

Thank you Daniela. :D

Tim.

• Hi,

Can you post the urls of the tools?

Thanks,

David

• Do you have any recommendations for free sources on the subject?

• I am having trouble downloading and installing BitDefender free as well. I have tried to uninstall and download numerous times. I finally found this post and maybe someone can help me too. I am getting the same error message after I try to install "Cannot Copy Installer"

Thanks

RickM

• Having the same problem, and done the same thing. Can someone assist me please

• Filipi
    Filipi
    edited September 2020

I uninstalled the bitdefender agent, so i deleted the "bitdefender agent" and "bitdefender antivirus free" folders at program files.

Its worked for me.

• same problem here. "cannot copy istaller" keeps poping up after trying to install bit defender free. Any help appreciated!

• same here... cannot copy installer... Windows 10 fully updated.

Come on bitdefender.. post url to tools!

• Same problem here, but I finally figure out how to fix:

1.uninstall "Bitdefender Agent" and "Bitdefender Antivirus Free" from: Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

2.download and run Bitdefender Antivirus uninstall tool: https://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/uninstall_consumer_trial.html

3.restart Windows

4.manually delete Bitdefender folders: "c:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent" and "c:\Program Files\Bitdefender Antivirus Free"

5.re-install Bitdefender Antivirus Free...

• Elijah7
    Elijah7
    edited January 2021

Same problem here I tried doing everything such as using the uninstall tool and removing bitdefender from the program files.However no luck.Any advice would be appreciated

• Same problem!

Did a System Restore, to return to previous Windows image of a month earlier - Windows 11 Insider issues - and lo and behold " cannot copy installer' comes up every time I try to reinstall Bitdefender - the Free Version as a 'try out' to see where I go from here.

By the look of it - not much further!

• Did a System Restore, to return to previous Windows image of a month earlier - Windows 11 Insider issues - and lo and behold " cannot copy installer' comes up every time I try to reinstall Bitdefender - the Free Version as a 'try out' to see where I go from here.

By the look of it - not much further!