Encrypted Web Scan setting (SSL)

pdeck
pdeck ✭✭

I'm using Bitdefender Total Security for Windows. As with the launch of Bitdefender 2018, the SSL protection in version 2019 breaks loading many pages from within Firefox (certificate warnings block loading). But unlike 2018, the new version insists on showing a warning when SSL protection is not turned on. For example, the desktop security widget stays in red "warning" mode. This is annoying and potentially dangerous, since if you decide to turn SSL protection off, you then get used to seeing the red warning, and you could therefore end up ignoring other, more important warnings. Please change this behavior in BD 2019, or at least give us the option of turning off that particular warning. 

Comments

• Add “Bitdefender Personal CA.Net-Defender” to your firefox's Certificate Library,then SSL Scan can run properly. Google for tutorials.

• pdeck
    pdeck ✭✭
    edited July 2018

On 7/20/2018 at 10:18 PM, ccboxes said:

Add “Bitdefender Personal CA.Net-Defender” to your firefox's Certificate Library,then SSL Scan can run properly. Google for tutorials.

Thanks, I did that, but I still have the problem. On another computer that is still using Total Security 2018, I don't have this issue. I also tried uninstalling BD completely and then reinstalling, but the problem still exists.

• ok2016
    edited July 2018

I had certificate problem in Firefox after Bitdefender 2019 installation. I reinstalled Firefox and all is working now. On another computer it is working fine without need for reinstallation. SSL scan is on, Bitdefender is listed as certified by, and did not have to add anything in Firefox library.

• pdeck
    pdeck ✭✭

19 hours ago, ok2016 said:

I had certificate problem in Firefox after Bitdefender 2019 installation. I reinstalled Firefox and all is working now. On another computer it is working fine without need for reinstallation. SSL scan is on, Bitdefender is listed as certified by, and did not have to add anything in Firefox library.

Thank you, that worked.

This discussion has been closed.