Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Quarantine is filling my C-Drive

Options

A system scan found a single message in a PST file and seems to have moved the whole file to my C-Drive twice already. I have deleted the message (from the PST), but my SSD is now very full. What do I do? I can't see how to define a new place for Bitdefender folders on my D-Drive - so can I just delete the huge files in Quarantine after a clean result?  I can see that in the registry at - Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitDefender\Bitdefender Quarantine the drive and directory are defined. Can I edit the target folders there?

Comments

• JD-UK
    Options

Thanks to the support team I got a clean scan - which I needed to Restore the quarantined file to achieve. I found that annoying, but the Custom Scan they advised me to use was minutes not hours long. I feel happy that I have now edited the location of the Quarantine Folders to be on my HDD Drive D: not my SSD Drive C: in the registry by using a Safe Boot with no network to ensure that BitDefender would not fight me. I don't think this would have been advised by the Support team as registry editing could be upsetting. I would suggest that like other programs that spawn enormous folders, for instance some Editing programs, the "Advanced Setup" tab should offer the ability to avoid trashing SSDs by letting users aim some parts of the program which need only storage towards directories other than those on the system drive.

This discussion has been closed.