Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

High RAM Usage

Options

What the **** is this huge amount of RAM usage at idle man? Running everything at default settings and this crap will ###### half to 1GB of RAM like srs? 

Screenshot_5.thumb.png.2fb78bfacfcd64a1fd719e535e55db6b.png

Comments

• I also have 300-400 mb. ram in use. (Bitdefender Security Service) 

Can not this be reduced ???

• Sergiu C.
    Options

5 hours ago, Csaba Kovacs said:

I also have 300-400 mb. ram in use. (Bitdefender Security Service) 

Can not this be reduced ???

The usage will depend a bit on the value of the installed RAM, 400MB is normal for 8GB of installed RAM. The memory use should not significantly change if you disable Bitdefender modules. 

• RKL
    Options

i have 8GB RAM and at system start BD consumes around 600MB

• Csaba Kovacs
    edited November 2018
    Options

404354_bitdef.thumb.jpg.e80921f308c88a2c09da2636d04b3a97.jpg

• Vetle
    Options

Screenshot_402.png

• Jay-Z
    Options

I was getting low available memory errors in System Mechanic for the past 2 months where I never did in the previous 3 years of using that software.  I can't speak if I am now since I uninstalled BIS 2019 over a month ago and am waiting to install it again until I stop seeing forum posts about more problems arising.  I think this would be the next issue for the development team to look into because the high Memory usage is not normal behavior for Bitdefender.  I mentioned this 2 months ago on my support ticket and more than likely posted it here as well on the forums somewhere.

This discussion has been closed.