BD sending out false License expiry messages

Yesterday for the third time (!) in a row, I received a false email notification from Bitdefender that my License is about to expire.  Someone in the German forum suggested that this was due to emails being automatically generated and a lack of synchronization between the license database and manual overrides by support. (?)

However, I do not believe this explanation, considering the frequency,  send dates and random expiry claims of these emails. My Antivirus Plus license still has 60 days remaining and I didn't contact support since I bought it.

All emails listed below are genuinely from BD. No fake, no spam. All contained upgrade/ renewal offers directly link to connect.bitdefender.com.

Please tell that this is an error and not some stupid scare tactics by BD to force hapless users into prematurely extending their licenses... :blink:

What is going on with BD lately...

26.10.2018 - Ihr Schutz LAUFT MORGEN AB! Handeln Sie jetzt und schützen Sie Ihre Privatsphäre!

translation: "Your protection EXPIRES TOMORROW! Act now and protect your privacy!"

01.10.2018 - Ihr Schutz ist nur noch 5 TAGE gultig. JETZT VERLÄNGERN

translation: "Your protection is only valid for 5 more days. EXTEND NOW"

26.09.2018 - Ihr Schutz ist nur noch 5 TAGE gultig. JETZT VERLÄNGERN

translation:  (same as above)

Comments

• I get the same thing.  Suspiciously convenient for BD that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

• On 10/27/2018 at 5:51 PM, DennisK said:

Yesterday for the third time (!) in a row, I received a false email notification from Bitdefender that my License is about to expire.  Someone in the German forum suggested that this was due to emails being automatically generated and a lack of synchronization between the license database and manual overrides by support. (?)

However, I do not believe this explanation, considering the frequency,  send dates and random expiry claims of these emails. My Antivirus Plus license still has 60 days remaining and I didn't contact support since I bought it.

All emails listed below are genuinely from BD. No fake, no spam. All contained upgrade/ renewal offers directly link to connect.bitdefender.com.

Please tell that this is an error and not some stupid scare tactics by BD to force hapless users into prematurely extending their licenses... :blink:

What is going on with BD lately...

26.10.2018 - Ihr Schutz LAUFT MORGEN AB! Handeln Sie jetzt und schützen Sie Ihre Privatsphäre!

translation: "Your protection EXPIRES TOMORROW! Act now and protect your privacy!"

01.10.2018 - Ihr Schutz ist nur noch 5 TAGE gultig. JETZT VERLÄNGERN

translation: "Your protection is only valid for 5 more days. EXTEND NOW"

26.09.2018 - Ihr Schutz ist nur noch 5 TAGE gultig. JETZT VERLÄNGERN

translation:  (same as above)

Hi, 

As this is a commercial issue, please reach our support team by sending an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com 

They can check your orders and see why the expiry messages were generated when they were. 

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.