Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

how to disable BD 2019 Internet Security Firewall and not have it enable itself after a reboot ?

Options

how to disable BD 2019 Internet Security Firewall and not have it enable itself after a reboot ?

meaning i want to use a 3rd party firewall

so i have to disable the bitdefender 2019 internet security firewall 

and i do not want it to enable itself again after a reboot

thank you

Comments

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi, 

The Firewall should not re-enable itself after a restart.

Does this happen for you?

• Did anyone find a fix for this? It's driving me crazy (OK slight exaggeration)

• Roxana G
    Options

On 1/12/2019 at 8:09 PM, sloopjb said:

Did anyone find a fix for this? It's driving me crazy (OK slight exaggeration)

Hello,

The Firewall should not enable it after reboot. Can you please let us know if this is the case and give us more information?

• Same problem here, after a reboot the Firewall is on. Is there a solution for this?

• UKarl
    Options

I have the same problem. After reboot the disabled Bitdefender FW is enabled. I want to use the Windows internal FW with an extension SW. Using Bitdefender Total Security 2019. It's annoying. Please provide a solution for this Problem.

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello,

Please write us at bitsy@bitdefender.com and include a Support Tool log in the email, so that our team can further look into this.

• UKarl
    Options

On 4/18/2019 at 8:58 PM, Roxana G said:

Hello,

Please write us at bitsy@bitdefender.com and include a Support Tool log in the email, so that our team can further look into this.

Dear Roxana,

please provide me a valid e-mail address. bitsy@bitdefender.com is not valid.

Best regards,

UKarl

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello,

The email address is valid. Can you please let us know what error do you receive when you send an email to this address?

• UKarl
    Options

2 hours ago, Roxana G said:

Hello,

The email address is valid. Can you please let us know what error do you receive when you send an email to this address?

[…]

bitsy@bitdefender.com

Remote Server returned '550 5.1.3 STOREDRV.Submit; invalid recipient address'

Ursprüngliche Nachrichtenköpfe:

Received: from WINHEXBEEU128.win.mail ([fe80::79ea:58f:d7d6:a1fb]) by

WINHEXBEEU128.win.mail ([fe80::79ea:58f:d7d6:a1fb%15]) with mapi id

15.00.1367.000; Tue, 23 Apr 2019 00:03:54 +0200

Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary

To: =?utf-8?B?Yml077u/c3lAYml0ZGVmZW5kZXIuY2/vu79t?=

<bitsy@bitdefender.com>

[…]

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for the details. In case you have managed to send us an email with a different email address, please provide us the ticket id, as with the email address you are registered on the Forum we did not find an open ticket.

• Is there a solution for this problem yet?

• Hello /index.php?/profile/216315-silentone/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="216315" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/216315-silentone/" rel="">@SilentOne,

Please send us an e-mail at bitsy@bitdefender.com with a detailed description of the situation to be able to further investigate this matter.

Thank you!

• BidiMc
    Options

Same problem here. Build 26.0.18.75

Disable firewall via protection page

Play forza4 online for a while - after some time - online fails, firewall is back on

I even have gone as far as opening svchost.exe bi-directional while leaving the firewall on but, also that seems to block teredo

So, either need to know how to play forza4 online with BD firewall on or, how to BD firewall on.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @BidiMc

I would first run a repair and see if that helps. I had the firewall keep switching off last week, and a repair took care of it.

Then check if the current build was installed or has been rolled out to your location yet. The current build is 26.0.21.78 You can also run a manual update by right-clicking the system tray icon and update.

If that seems to have worked and that the firewall stays off or on, you can add the app. or Steam? program into the firewall exclusions.

Otherwise, you may need to get a hold of Support. There are a couple of options you have in working with support.The first way is the “easy way” in contacting Support (located towards the bottom of the page) from one of the 3 options listed, email, chat and phone support ( it is not toll-free). Then let them guide you as far as what they need and when they need it.

The second option is to "be prepared" ahead of time for the information that they may ask from you. I would first suggest taking a screenshot(s) of the issue.

Then create a log file from Windows using the Bitdefender Support Tool which can be created by following these steps:

Then contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail with a description of the issue you’re having. They will reply with a ticket number.

From there, you can attach the screenshot(s) you previously took, along with the log file helping to speed things along. Then wait for their follow-up response.

Kind regards,

Scott

And just for extra credit 😊

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/