Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall blocking network access

Options

Bitdefender Firewall is blocking access to my local network on my hardwired desktop, but allows ALL access from two (2) wifi enabled computers on same network. I've tried setting new rule as suggested in support but to no avail. Please help.

Comments

• tiffy
    edited December 2018
    Options

Same issue here, BD Internet Security 2019 on Win. 8.1, 64b, i5 Desktop PC and Win. 10 i5 Laptop, no access from Win. explorer to any local LAN, ethernet connected devices with BD firewall enabled, works perfectly on both PC's with firewall's disabled.

Internet access is OK at all times.

Have tried all suggested solutions including adding rules for all LAN devices IP addresses which are all configured to be static from my XyXel router.

Did have an issue with Oracle VirtualBox which had been installed by another program, kept adding additional ethernet connections which were marked "hidden" by default in BD firewall settings, this has now been un-installed and only one ethernet connection remains which is not "hidden" in BD firewall settings.

Definate issue associated with BD firewall as disabling gives immediate access to all local LAN devices in Win explorer.

Have raised a support ticket close to a week ago, to date have only received notification that the issue is being investigated.

Any further suggestions appreciated.

• Finally found a solution for my system. Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on or off - SMB 1.0 [ALL checked] - Select OK to close windows - Restart.

Something I found about Windows 10 ethernet and SMB protocols. Wish I could remember the link.

• Hello,

I had the same problem, temporarily solved it by turning off the bitdefender firewall, and turning on the WIN 10 Defender firewall (until I find a solution)

Chas

• As a follow up to my post,

I used the suggestion by "bouralex" in his Sep 18 post.

Click on Protection

In the "ONLINE THREAT PREVENTION" BOX,

Click on "Exception"

Then enter your network device address....

Mine was \\SEAGATECLOUD3TB\

Then Click the ADD Box

Done

Turned on my Bitdefender Firewall,

All seems to be ok for now.

Chas

• tiffy
    edited December 2018
    Options

Thanks to both for replies:

Quote: Finally found a solution for my system. Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on or off - SMB 1.0 [ALL checked] - Select OK to close windows - Restart.

All SMB 1.0 boxes already checked (there's only one in Win. 8.1) had tried this solution before.

Quote: Click on Protection

In the "ONLINE THREAT PREVENTION" BOX,

Click on "Exception"

Then enter your network device address....

Mine was \\SEAGATECLOUD3TB\

Then Click the ADD Box

Tried this with respect to my NAS, no joy.

Quote: I had the same problem, temporarily solved it by turning off the bitdefender firewall, and turning on the WIN 10 Defender firewall (until I find a solution)

Tried this as well but on Win 8.1 PC the windows firewall won't start, displays error, currently only options available are leaving the FW disabled, which I don't wish to do in the longer term, or live without network access on my main desktop PC..

Is it my imagination or are BD tech. support a bit slow to respond to this issue as outlined in this and other forum threads ?

• cthompgh
    edited December 2018
    Options

OK Tiffy,

My adding \\SEAGATECLOUD3TB\ to the exceptions is working for my desktop, but not my laptop... go figure.

Both are WIN 10 Home Edition.

Am going to try your suggestion with the SMB in the control panel.

Thanks for that.

I try the Bitdefender tech's suggestions when I see them, but I really look for other users with the same problem.

This is true of other troubleshooting websites also, not just Bitdefender, so I'm not pointing the finger at them.

Most users seem to be more persistent in solving the immediate problem.

Chas

• 1 hour ago, cthompgh said:

My adding \\SEAGATECLOUD3TB\ to the exceptions is working for my desktop, but not my laptop... go figure.

Both are WIN 10 Home Edition.

Yes, results are to say the least upredictable, my Win 10 laptop is currently displaying all LAN connections in explorer with firewall enabled and just the previous measures, IP address filtering and stealth visability selected, however, my Win 8.1 desktop PC has exactly the same BD FW settings and won't display any network devices unless the FW is completely disabled !

Did not have any such issues with BD Internet Security 2018 so while accepting that Win 8.1 can have network visibility issues can only conclude that the 2019 program revision is the root source of the problem.

Still awaiting further response from BD tech. support.

• OK

Checking All 3 SMB Boxes on the Laptop did not work.  My Seagate Network Cloud Drive is still blocked.

Turning off the Bitdefender Firewall does allow me to view this network drive.

(I assume this is OK since I still have the Windows Defender Firewall is still turned on)

Looking at the Control Panel on my Desktop, None of the 3 SMB Boxes are checked,

But using the exception is working and I can view my network drive.

Oh well, the saga continues.....

Chas

• 1 hour ago, cthompgh said:

Checking All 3 SMB Boxes on the Laptop did not work.  My Seagate Network Cloud Drive is still blocked.

Yes, had tried this some time ago with no joy on my Win 10 laptop, there is only one SMB check box on Win 8.1 (less options) selecting this did not and still doesn't work either on my Win 8.1 desktop PC..

As I still can't get the Windows native firewall to run on Win 8.1 for whatever reason, I have deployed a free firewall (ZoneAlarm) which certainly is not inhibiting LAN visibility so will try this until (if ever) BD come up with a solution to the 2019 FW issue.

• Are ALL Bitdefender - Firewall Settings - Network Adapters set to use same network?

• How do check since WIN 10 no longer has Groups.  I used to check under WORKGROUP ?

Chas

• Bitdefender - Protection - Firewall Settings - Network Adapters

Check each computer.

• Thanks for the suggestion.  Learned something here, but still no go.

Going to keep Bitdefender Firewall off for now and Windows Defender Firewall on since that seems to work.

Will investigate further after the Holidays when I can spend more time with it.

Thanks

Chas

• why r bd support so s-l-o-w?

bitdefender customer support response 11 days later:

Hello Don,

Thank you for your reply.

The message you just replied was an automatic generated one due to our wish to know whether you have further questions or concerns.

In your last reply, you have requested the steps
  • Roxana G
    Options

Hello,

Are the settings to Firewall as it follows?

Open Bitdefender 

-Select the Protection tab

-Press on Settings from Firewall

-Go to Network Adapters and make sure that all the network adapters are set as "Home/Office"

-Afterward, go to Settings and press on Edit Stealth mode settings and turn of Stealth mode for all of your network adapters

- Then click on Rules

- Select add Rules

- From Settings tab  check the box "Apply this rule to all applications"

- Go to Advanced tab and on Custom Remote Address add the IP and port of the network

• "Go to Advanced tab and on Custom Remote Address add the IP and port of the network"

Does this refer to my NAS IP Address or my network accessing the web ?

and Port ??   Don't see an individual port assigned to my NAS ?

Thanks

• Roxana G

These steps fixed my firewall problems on Both my Desktop and Laptop

NAS Access is now possible with Bitdefender Firewall enabled.

Thanks very Much

Chas

This discussion has been closed.