Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender, Firefox and certificate

Options

Hi

Just wanted to share a little Firefox-bug i encountered.

I installed bitDefender FREE on an admin-account.

To make it work with Firefox, I installed the Bitdefender-certificate manually.

In Firefox:

-Tools > Options > click "Privacy & Security" (so browserpage goes to="about:preferences#privacy")

-Scroll down to and click "View Certificate"

-Under the Tab "Authorities" click "Import"

-find the path to: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Antivirus Free\web\mitm_cache, select the file "fake-ca.crt" and install it.

Now the bug was that, when I logged on to my normal account(not an admin account) Firefox didnt work with the certificate.

When looking inside the "view Certificate" it appeared like the Bitdefender certificate was there, but somehow wasnt proberly installed under a normal user account.

What I did was:

in Firefox:

-Help > Troubleshooting Information > scroll down a bit, and next to "Profile Folder" click "Open Folder"

-keep this folder open, and close Firefox

-in the folder, find cert9.db, and rename it. When Firefox starts the next time, it will rebuild the cert9.db file.

Again looking in "view Certificate", the bitdefender certificate was gone, indicating it wasnt proberly installed.

So, now I just installed it, the same way I did under my admin-account. Now everything worked :)