Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

just venting about the firewall and the program in general

Options

I was trying to log into my server and It was blocking the username and password took me 3 hour to find that out.  It all started when I tried every other user's user name and password on the server and it all came back as wrong login detail.  so I thought some hacker may have hacked in and change everything.   So I went to reset all password on the server...  Took me 2 hour to try every possible way, to gain access to my server, but failed.  Took me another hour to reset and setup the dame server again.  After 3 hour of hard work, while thinking, about who would change someone systems but not mess around with the date and why Bitdefender and other program didn't pick it up. That when I thought i should update bitdefender just in case. I went and update my Bitdefender, still thinking who change my server systems.  Then the answer hit me.  There was 70 something critical notification show up on Bitdefender the dame firewall was blocking all my login attempt on a private network address. Seriously cant the dame thing know what is internet and what is private network..... If there is a critical notification why there no pop up.... to notify the user????? while there is this annoying update notification that pop up every so often, that you cant stop.....   This is so unacceptable... I still got bitdefender blocking Https access.....have to turn off the encrypted web scan function to access a trusted banking address.  Thought bitdefender was good but lately all the update make the program worst and worst.   Do all the Bitdefender programmer do any checking and debugging on there their code? Who is in charged of the interface design, when was the last time they check to see if the help instruction on their web page and wording on the program matches.  Have any of them ever changed any setting in the program.... Every 1 setting you want to change it ask you for a password.... seriously is asking a password once not enough to change every setting in the program.  Why do the program have to be so annoying asking for a password every god dame setting you changed.  Every time you change a function after entering a password it make a beep sound....? does that mean it failed or was it successful.  Do you know this kind of thing, an interface designer should have pick it up.... I mean that what they are paid to do.  If there was one notification pop up for a critical event i would not have wasted 3 hour of my time, thinking it was something else.   Seriously unacceptable.

Comments

• linda25000
    edited January 2019
    Options

On 12/31/2018 at 4:20 AM, Keiji said:

I was trying to https://ovo.fyi/fmovies/ log into my server and It https://ovo.fyi/yesmovies/ was blocking the username   https://ovo.fyi/solarmovie/ and password took me 3 hour to find that out.  It all started when I tried every other user's user name and password on the server and it all came back as wrong login detail.  so I thought some hacker may have hacked in and change everything.   So I went to reset all password on the server...  Took me 2 hour to try every possible way, to gain access to my server, but failed.  Took me another hour to reset and setup the dame server again.  After 3 hour of hard work, while thinking, about who would change someone systems but not mess around with the date and why Bitdefender and other program didn't pick it up. That when I thought i should update bitdefender just in case. I went and update my Bitdefender, still thinking who change my server systems.  Then the answer hit me.  There was 70 something critical notification show up on Bitdefender the dame firewall was blocking all my login attempt on a private network address. Seriously cant the dame thing know what is internet and what is private network..... If there is a critical notification why there no pop up.... to notify the user????? while there is this annoying update notification that pop up every so often, that you cant stop.....   This is so unacceptable... I still got bitdefender blocking Https access.....have to turn off the encrypted web scan function to access a trusted banking address.  Thought bitdefender was good but lately all the update make the program worst and worst.   Do all the Bitdefender programmer do any checking and debugging on there their code? Who is in charged of the interface design, when was the last time they check to see if the help instruction on their web page and wording on the program matches.  Have any of them ever changed any setting in the program.... Every 1 setting you want to change it ask you for a password.... seriously is asking a password once not enough to change every setting in the program.  Why do the program have to be so annoying asking for a password every god dame setting you changed.  Every time you change a function after entering a password it make a beep sound....? does that mean it failed or was it successful.  Do you know this kind of thing, an interface designer should have pick it up.... I mean that what they are paid to do.  If there was one notification pop up for a critical event i would not have wasted 3 hour of my time, thinking it was something else.   Seriously unacceptable.

elcome to the Bitdefender Forums.

Depending on the power of your computer or notepad, it can take even days to do a full system scan the first time.  Scan times are limited by HDD/SSD read speed, available RAM, CPU, bus speed, etc.  I once had a notepad here for configuration and malware remediation that took 36 hours to complete a system scan.

If you have a high-powered computer, then that scan time seems excessively long, and might indicate possible HDD/SSD issues.

I hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

• Thread inactive.

Locked & Archived.