b3.ifrm.com

I've had this problem before and it cleared up for some time and now it's back.

In the Bitdefender widget there's 40 notifications of "firefox.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to b3.ifrm.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one."

It seems to spam this address about a dozen times. So about 4 hours ago a dozen attempts. 17 hours ago, roughly another dozen. etc

I've searched Google and have no idea wat this site is.  A Bitdefender scan shows nothing on my PC.

Anyone know what it is and why my PC is trying to connect and why Bitdefender is blocking it?  I don't actually try to go to that site.

Comments

• Hi, 

It's possibly a background element on a website you visit. 

The notification isn't indicating that the website is malicious, just that it's using a certificate that wasn't issued for its exact address. 

According to this: https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=b3.ifrm.com , it seems to be related to tapatalk somehow. Is that something you use ? 

• Ah, I understand.  No I don't use tapatalk but a couple of forums that I do use are now owned and provided by tapatalk when they took over VB boards.

Thanks for the reply.

• 18 hours ago, Jota said:

Ah, I understand.  No I don't use tapatalk but a couple of forums that I do use are now owned and provided by tapatalk when they took over VB boards.

Thanks for the reply.

This would explain it then. 

Thank you.