Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"Contact Bitdefender Support" website doesn't work

The email option on the "Contact Bitdefender Support" website doesn't work. Seemingly hasn't worked for months (refer to this Bitdefender forum post - link removed because of CloadFlare error, see note below).

I was trying use the support tool which keeps failing sending the ticket, and subsequently prompts me to Contact Bitdefender (the "Contact Bitdefender Support" website) which also fails. The arrows just keep going round in circles and nothing more loads. Even other browsers do the same problem.

Further, I haven't even been able to post this topic (with the above link which I had to remove to the Bitdefender forum website) because it's gives me a CloudFlare error.

Seriously, this is a great way to avoid providing support! Clever!!!

2019-01-05 (6).png

2019-01-05 (5).png

2019-01-05 (8).png

Comments

• thedriver
    thedriver
    edited January 2019

/index.php?/topic/80122-support-contact/" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/topic/80122-support-contact/

... This was the link your website wouldnt let me post previously inline with other text.

• Hi /index.php?/profile/210893-thedriver/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="210893" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/210893-thedriver/" rel="">@thedriver,

Sorry to hear about the situation you've encountered.

Please generate a support tool log locally and send it to us at bitsy@bitdefender.com alongside a detailed description of the issue you've encountered so that we can further assist. It seems the cloudflare errors are generated due to a VPN connection or some unusual traffic on your network so we can also have that investigated. As for the forum link, it'll commonly be interpreted as malicious if placed between brackets regardless of it's domain or source.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Thanks!

• Cheers Stefan

2 minutes ago, Stefan I. said:

Please generate a support tool log locally and send it to us at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support log is 3.6GB! There's no way that is being emailed anywhere.

I've already uploaded it to my cloud storage and shared the ink with support.  I'd suggest the bilt in tool is fixed so that it can upload large support logs. I use Bitdefender both personally and for work (as an MSP) and support logs are frequently in the range of 200MB - 3GB across many platforms. 

Even the Bitdefender supplied FTP upload site seems to frequently fail on many of them.

4 minutes ago, Stefan I. said:

It seems the cloudflare errors are generated due to a VPN connection or some unusual traffic on your network

I wasn't connected through a VPN; I was directly conected to my ISP, all traffic would have come from my actual IP address assigned by my ISP. Given I use Bitdefender, it would seem strange that traffic on my network caused it.

7 minutes ago, Stefan I. said:

As for the forum link, it'll commonly be interpreted as malicious

I would suggest then that there is some additional commenting done by the Forum code so that it notifies the user to remove the elipsis' (). The cloudflare error is entirely unhelpful and frustrating and caused me mulitple rewrites to figure out what was causing it.

• Oh... And why not fix the email function on the Contact Bitdefender Support website?

Other users have mentioned it's a problem months ago and it's still not working.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/   scroll down and click the Send us an email button. The arrows just go around and around forever; the same problem for the Chat with us button.

• Stefan I.
    Stefan I.
    edited January 2019

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response.

I've been able to locate a ticket of yours with us ( 2018091108080001 ) and have emailed you about scheduling a remote session to have this further investigated and preferably resolved. Please let us know if you've received it and if such a session would be ok with you. Further details about our schedule and remote app will be provided that way.

Thanks!

• Cheers Stefan. I've got that and will respond with remote access details in the morning.