Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Not Scanning Registry Keys During Virus Scans

Options

Does anyone have any idea why BD Internet Security ver.10 will not scan registry keys or cookies during virus scans and I have tried it full system scan, deep system scan, and custom scan of both full and deep scans with scan registry keys and cookies enabled. It will not work any others having this problem or a fix? I've already unistalled and reinstalled that didn't cure the problem. Has BD disabled this in a product update?

I think this all goes back to this problem when BD was deleting Microsoft Windows updates. I had to disable BD to install OS updates from Microsoft's website.

Sep 12 2008, 12:38 AM

I don't know if I have posted this in the right forum or not. But any help would be appreciated, I really think this is a false positive. This dll. is Microsoft's Windows 2000Pro update update service. I do not believe it has been infected with the " Trojan.Mondera.I" as BD Internet Security v.10 is finding. Right now I have real time protection disabled. To stop deleting this system protected file. This started happenning last night when I was running Windows Update Service. I had to disable BD IS v.10 to update windows because it kept deleting "nwprovau.dll", Client Service for NetWare Provider and Authentication Package DLL.

Here is a sample of some of the events.

BD deleted the file, but Windows reinstalled each time.

File c:\WINNT\system32\nwprovau.dll infected with Trojan.Mondera.I

File:c:\WINNT\softwaredistribution\Download\09b71638eeaffdc1057c703d32d3c975\nwprovau.dll

infected with Trojan.Mondera.I

Microsoft Info

Description: Client Service for NetWare Provider and Authentication Package DLL

Version: 5.0.2195.7110

Copyright © Microsoft Corp. 1981-1999

Internal Name : nwprovau.dll

Product Name : Microsoft® Windows ® 2000 Operating System

Event Viewer

Event Type: Information

Event Source: Windows File Protection

Event Category: None

Event ID: 64002

Date: 9/11/2008

Time: 5:27:45 PM

User: N/A

Computer: TSNYDER

Description:

File replacement was attempted on the protected system file c:\winnt\system32\nwprovau.dll. This file was restored to the original version to maintain system stability. The file version of the system file is 5.0.2195.7110.

Is or have any others had this type of problem with Microsoft Updater Service, their was about 4 update files they all downloaded just fine, it was during installation that BD would delete updater dll and installation would stop

PC Tools Spyware Dr or Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware does not find this infected "nwprovau.dll".

Comments

• Try uploading the file to virustotal.com

its probably a false positive, but just to make sure...