Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender blocks PUBG from starting

TempleKa
TempleKa
edited June 2019 in Protection

So this issue has happened a couple of days ago too. First attempt to start PUBG would fail with no error given. Second attempt would eventually launch the game. 

Today however the game won't start at all and naturally I was blaming the game but seems that is not the case. Apparently Advanced Threat Defense (ATD) interferes with PUBG anticheat maybe? It's ATD at fault that's for sure. Once adding "TslGame_BE.exe" and "TslGame_EAC.exe" to the exception list in ATD the game starts without issues.

Neither PUBG gives an error to figure out what's going on, nor Bitdefender actually says that is blocking the program (might not even block it but just interfering with it in some way).

Multiple users reported on PUBG forums that adding those to programs to the exception list in ATD fixes the issue.

Link to post on PUBG forums: https://forums.pubg.com/topic/340990-game-doesnt-launch-no-errors-given/

Comments

• On 6/20/2019 at 1:32 PM, TempleKa said:

So this issue has happened a couple of days ago too. First attempt to start PUBG would fail with no error given. Second attempt would eventually launch the game. 

Today however the game won't start at all and naturally I was blaming the game but seems that is not the case. Apparently Advanced Threat Defense (ATD) interferes with PUBG anticheat maybe? It's ATD at fault that's for sure. Once adding "TslGame_BE.exe" and "TslGame_EAC.exe" to the exception list in ATD the game starts without issues.

Neither PUBG gives an error to figure out what's going on, nor Bitdefender actually says that is blocking the program (might not even block it but just interfering with it in some way).

Multiple users reported on PUBG forums that adding those to programs to the exception list in ATD fixes the issue.

Link to post on PUBG forums: https://forums.pubg.com/topic/340990-game-doesnt-launch-no-errors-given/

Hello TempleKa,

Thank you for reporting this.

Please let us know if you disable only Exploit detection from Advance Threat Defense will PUBG give any error?

• I already reported the issue and how I fixed it. It works for me fine and I am happy with the result. I believe further testing should be done on your part and not me. I expect to buy a product and if there are issues to report them and give some help/hint to you guys so you can figure it out. I think I did my part don't you agree? There have been issues plaguing Advance Threat Defense since you guys released the 2019 lineup so I'm a bit fed up if I'm really honest.

• Issue is resolved for me after yesterday’s Bitdefender update.

• Hey there!

I've recently detailed the problem and how I resolved it. It works well for me, and I am pleased with the outcome. I believe you, not I, should conduct additional testing. I intend to purchase a product and, if there are any difficulties, to report them and provide some assistance/hints to you so you can resolve them. Don't you agree that I done my part? Since you guys unveiled the lineup, PUBG Free UC has been plagued with troubles, and if I'm being honest, I'm a little fed up.

• Hey there!

I've recently detailed the problem and how I resolved it. It works well for me, and I am pleased with the outcome. I believe you, not I, should conduct additional testing. I intend to purchase a product and, if there are any difficulties, to report them and provide some assistance/hints to you so you can resolve them. Don't you agree that I done my part? Since you guys unveiled the lineup, pubg free uc has been plagued with troubles, and if I'm being honest, I'm a little fed up.

• Hey there!

I've recently detailed the problem and how I resolved it. It works well for me, and I am pleased with the outcome. I believe you, not I, should conduct additional testing. I intend to purchase a product and, if there are any difficulties, to report them and provide some assistance/hints to you so you can resolve them. Don't you agree that I done my part? Since you guys unveiled the lineup, pubg free uc has been plagued with troubles, and if I'm being honest, I'm a little fed up.

Thanks