SMB Connection [network mapping drive] got blocked during data transfer with recent update

kamkam
edited July 2019 in General

With the latest bitdefender update, the SMB Connection got blocked after using fastcopy to copy huge amount of data (around 300 GB) into another network mapping drive. 

The SMB data transfer just randomly got stuck. When it got stuck,  I no longer able to connect to any network mapping drive, while internet connection didn't affected. 

I can confirmed that it will not happened when bitdefender is unstalled.

It only happened on WIN7 . I test it with WIN10 and it's fine at all.

Tagged:

Comments

• I have try to disabled all the modules but it remain the same.

Only completely uninstall bitdefender can solve above problem.

• When the SMB connection got stuck. It can only fixed by reboot.

I try to disable the network adapter and re-enable it to see if it will works again.  The network adapter will fail to re-enable, It even failed to obtain ip from DHCP, just connection timeout.  

So, when SMB connection got stuck, Bitdefender also somehow deadlock the network adapter. 

• Roxana G
    Roxana G
    edited July 2019

4 hours ago, kamkam said:

When the SMB connection got stuck. It can only fixed by reboot.

I try to disable the network adapter and re-enable it to see if it will works again.  The network adapter will fail to re-enable, It even failed to obtain ip from DHCP, just connection timeout.  

So, when SMB connection got stuck, Bitdefender also somehow deadlock the network adapter. 

Hello,

We have sent this situation to our development team and we are currently working on a fix. Please write us at bitsy@bitdefender.com and you will receive an email once we have a fix.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Only a test.

• Only a test.

• Only a test.

• Only a test.

• Only a test.

• Only a test.

• Only a test.

• Only a test.