Product update to 23.0.24.120 causes VMware connection issues and Explorer crashes.

Options


Hi


I am using  Internet Security 2019, I was updated to build 23.0.24.120 in mid June and since then I have had drops in internet connection, Windows Explorer freezing (and requiring a reboot to fix) and VMware Player is not able to connect to the internet at all.  I have used Macrium Reflect to go back to the previous build of Internet Security 2019 and everything works fine until BitDefender updates itself overnight and I am once again unable to connect.  I am using Windows 8.1 with all the latest updates, I am also using the latest version of Google Chrome and the latest version of VMware player.  This is really frustrating as I'm moving home  and my reliable workstation is suddenly having all manner of issues.  I have tried uninstalling but letting BitDefender reinstall as part of the removal process, that didn't help, I have also tried a complete uninstall and fresh reinstall, again no help.  The only way i have been able to fix my problems is to uninstall completely and not reinstall - annoying as i only recently came to the end of my two year license and purchased a new 3 year license that i'm now unable to use.

Comments

  • Roxana G
    Options


    17 hours ago, Matt-Lond said:



    Hi


    I am using  Internet Security 2019, I was updated to build 23.0.24.120 in mid June and since then I have had drops in internet connection, Windows Explorer freezing (and requiring a reboot to fix) and VMware Player is not able to connect to the internet at all.  I have used Macrium Reflect to go back to the previous build of Internet Security 2019 and everything works fine until BitDefender updates itself overnight and I am once again unable to connect.  I am using Windows 8.1 with all the latest updates, I am also using the latest version of Google Chrome and the latest version of VMware player.  This is really frustrating as I'm moving home  and my reliable workstation is suddenly having all manner of issues.  I have tried uninstalling but letting BitDefender reinstall as part of the removal process, that didn't help, I have also tried a complete uninstall and fresh reinstall, again no help.  The only way i have been able to fix my problems is to uninstall completely and not reinstall - annoying as i only recently came to the end of my two year license and purchased a new 3 year license that i'm now unable to use.



    Hello Matt,


    What version of VMWare Player are you using? Have you tried disabling the Bitdefender modules and check which Bitdefender module might cause the issue?


    You may disable the Bitdefender modules as described in our article here: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13426/


    Keep us posted with the results.


  • Thanks, I will give it a go


  • Hi


    No luck unfortunately.  I followed the instructions and disabled each module, one at a time, even rebooted my VMware machine after each module was deactivated as well.  After deactivating all modules I saw no change.  I thought maybe a complete reboot might help, I restarted and tried to start my VMware install of Windows 8.1 and got the error displayed in the attached image.  I gave up and tried to uninstall BitDefender but it got stuck at the 5% mark, I hard reset my PC and tried again, this time i was successful.  After logging back on (and with BitDefender uninstalled)  I can now access my VMware image and have no issues.


    I have tried:


    • Uninstalling and reinstalling VMware v15.1.0 build 13591040, I have also tried other build going back to v12.

    • Uninstalling BitDefender but choosing the option to reinstall

    • Uninstalling BitDefender completely and installing the latest version.


    Its so frustrating, I keep a very clean system and have not installed anything new in a long time, I even log my application updates (Im that boring).  I don't know what else i can do.


     


     

    Cap.PNG

  • Roxana G
    Options


    15 hours ago, Matt-Lond said:



    Hi


    No luck unfortunately.  I followed the instructions and disabled each module, one at a time, even rebooted my VMware machine after each module was deactivated as well.  After deactivating all modules I saw no change.  I thought maybe a complete reboot might help, I restarted and tried to start my VMware install of Windows 8.1 and got the error displayed in the attached image.  I gave up and tried to uninstall BitDefender but it got stuck at the 5% mark, I hard reset my PC and tried again, this time i was successful.  After logging back on (and with BitDefender uninstalled)  I can now access my VMware image and have no issues.


    I have tried:


    • Uninstalling and reinstalling VMware v15.1.0 build 13591040, I have also tried other build going back to v12.

    • Uninstalling BitDefender but choosing the option to reinstall

    • Uninstalling BitDefender completely and installing the latest version.


    Its so frustrating, I keep a very clean system and have not installed anything new in a long time, I even log my application updates (Im that boring).  I don't know what else i can do.


     


     


    Cap.PNG



    Hi,


    Thank you for the information. I recommend you to write us an email at the email address bitsy@bitdefender.com so we can further investigate which Bitdefender component is causing this error.


  • Thanks, raised it last night with support:


    Bitdefender Integrated Support 2019070918310001. 


    Just waiting on a response.

  • Roxana G
    Options


    2 hours ago, Matt-Lond said:



    Thanks, raised it last night with support:


    Bitdefender Integrated Support 2019070918310001. 


    Just waiting on a response.



    Hi,


     


    I have sent you an email. We will continue our conversation via email on the opened ticket.