Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is "total" security really total

Options

This afternoon, I received two calls from the same person from the different telephone numbers. He told me he was a representative from Bitdefender and advised me he was receiving warning messages from my PC (which were off). I was very sure it was a hacker trying to obtain additional information and disconnected. The I called Bitdefender support and was told that Total Security really wasn't designed to stop hackers. If I wanted to stop hackers I needed to purchase "the Box" product. Is this true and if so, why do we call the product total security?

Can someone advise? I have the two numbers from which they called

Comments

• Roxana G
    Options

12 hours ago, Lew 39 said:

This afternoon, I received two calls from the same person from the different telephone numbers. He told me he was a representative from Bitdefender and advised me he was receiving warning messages from my PC (which were off). I was very sure it was a hacker trying to obtain additional information and disconnected. The I called Bitdefender support and was told that Total Security really wasn't designed to stop hackers. If I wanted to stop hackers I needed to purchase "the Box" product. Is this true and if so, why do we call the product total security?

Can someone advise? I have the two numbers from which they called

Hello,

With this email address we do not see an open ticket under which the phone call with a Bitdefender representative was made. Can you  please let us know the phone numbers from which you have been called? Have you ever accessed another page for contacting Bitdefender support other than our official website?

• Lew 39
    edited July 2019
    Options

2 hours ago, Roxana G said:

Hello,

With this email address we do not see an open ticket under which the phone call with a Bitdefender representative was made. Can you  please let us know the phone numbers from which you have been called? Have you ever accessed another page for contacting Bitdefender support other than our official website?

I not only contacted support which I mention in my post above, I explained the situation. The tech seemed uninterested in obtaining the two numbers and I am glad you are asking for them. They are both U.S numbers:

1 757 788-3550

1 770 691-6388

The tech, in all fairness explained why "total security" did not include Hackers. When I asked why the product was named "Total Security" I received brand new dial tone; he disconnected me, never asking to start a ticket. He seemed very focused on trying to sell me on Box 2. Bitfdefender Total Security is a great product and to be honest, this was the first negative experience I have had with Bitdefender Customer Service. I explained to the tech that in the middle of my one year subscription, I extended another two years. He didn't seem interested. If i could talk to someone about using what is left of my current subscription to update to Box 2, I 'Might" consider upgrading

• Roxana G
    Options

23 minutes ago, Lew 39 said:

I not only contacted support which I mention in my post above, I explained the situation. The tech seemed uninterested in obtaining the two numbers and I am glad you are asking for them. They are both U.S numbers:

1 757 788-3550

1 770 691-6388

The tech, in all fairness explained why "total security" did not include Hackers. When I asked why the product was named "Total Security" I received brand new dial tone; he disconnected me, never asking to start a ticket. He seemed very focused on trying to sell me on Box 2. Bitfdefender Total Security is a great product and to be honest, this was the first negative experience I have had with Bitdefender Customer Service. I explained to the tech that in the middle of my one year subscription, I extended another two years. He didn't seem interested. If i could talk to someone about using what is left of my current subscription to update to Box 2, I 'Might" consider upgrading

Hello,

The phone numbers do not belong to Bitdefender and from your description the conversation was not with a Bitdefender representative. I have checked your account and your subscription is valid until 2022/01/13.

In case you want to contact our support, please use the contact details from the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/