Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Application Changed - What to do?

Options

I'm getting tons of messages from Bitdefender Firewall. The typical one says "The application <xxx.exe> has changed and is attempting to connect to the internet. One example app is WerFault.exe, which seems like should be benign. And, blocking it doesn't seem like a good thing to do in the general case. But there are lots of others, most of which I don't know, and certainly don't want to look up every one.

So, if I Allow the connection, it typically comes right back for many times, forcing me to click on it each time - a huge time waster.

My question is why is Bitdefender doing this unless the app is truly malicious? Second how to control it so that maybe when Bitdefender does give me a notice it can be blocked correctly?

Comments

• Stefan I.
    Options

Hi Dave,

The prompts in question show up since you've enabled Alert Mode ( formerly known as Paranoid Mode). It leaves managing whether or not connections are allowed to you rather then doing it automatically.

To switch back to automatic management:

- open Bitdefender and click on Protection from the side-menu

- click on Setting under the Firewall column

- click on the Settings tab in the new UI that will show up

- disable Alert mode

• Done. Thank you.

So, going forward, can I expect that there will be no notifications from BitDefender for questionable connections? Or will only questionable connections be flagged?

• Stefan I.
    Options

Hi Dave,

Notifications will be present so that you can keep a record of them.

What this changes is that you no longer have to decide whether to allow connections yourself and instead of a toast notification like you've seen so far you'll have a passive one that you can check at any point later:

image.png

• Hi Stefan:

Yes, I see the Notifications. But, no new notifications for questionable connection requests. I take it, that is the normal condition...

Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.